Background & Purpose of the Job
Today, the demand for analytics to power our insight and decisions is far greater than ever before, as the range of data sources available to us grows exponentially, and the technology to make sense of it evolves daily. It is imperative to be at the forefront of this revolution, ensuring that data-driven marketing becomes second nature whilst pushing the boundaries on what is possible through new modelling methodologies and democratize the power of analytics by building user-friendly interfaces, simulators to ensure wider adoption by business partners across the Unilever world.
Finding growth for the US business, is becoming more challenging too. A key objective of this position is to solve business issues and help leaders find the opportunities to grow. The role requires leadership in partnering with our core agency partners and translating the learning to internal stakeholders.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Unilever invests money every year in building different elements of the marketing mix - media, distribution, pricing, promotion, brands. It is imperative to unlock the growth opportunities by optimizing the investments in these elements of the marketing mix. This role will lead the marketing mix program across multiple brands and help translate the recommendations to our brand leaders.
- Build category forecasting to help predict where the business needs to go and how the categories are evolving in this changing world. Forecasting will drive internal planning for finance and brand leaders.
- Enable Unilever’s Customer Development teams to act and enhance the way they engage with our Retailer Customers. The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of analytics to our customer development teams and team members alike. Manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data, combining both customer (Retailer) and consumer data. Build statistical / analytical models & solutions that will drive both our customer’s business (e.g., increased footfall) as well as our business (e.g., selling more volume)
- Embed and Evolve Capabilities: Support insights managers in embedding the outputs / outcomes from the tools with business stakeholders, train business users and insights community on the use of the tools, help evaluate the capabilities and outputs of analytics partners, work with analytics partners to continuously challenge and improve the current models.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
The skill-sets required for effective implementation of the vision for this role are:
- Must have expertise in Marketing Mix Modelling, A/B test or experimental tests
- Comfort in Python, R, R Shiny, or other statistical programming languages
- Familiar with data and data transformations required for integrating media, price/promo, distribution, short and long-term brand metrics in mix models
- Have experience / familiar with some of the recent evolutions in marketing mix models
- Have a strong appreciation for Pricing and work with the Net Revenue Management team
- Strong expertise in working with external analytics partners in designing and evaluating experiments to address business objectives
- Ability to partner with Data Architecture and Engineering to help productize Innovations
- Have worked hands-on in a commercial environment in the area of analytics for marketing mix or media optimization
- Have experience working with and analyzing Nielsen, IRI, and Numerator data (both scanning and panel)
- Bachelor’s degree requires, Master’s desired
- Managing stakeholders – both commercial and technical stakeholders
- Business acumen and ability to work in ambiguous ever-changing environment.
- Enthusiasm for driving Innovation, and working in connected networks
- Ability to communicate technical findings in a business-friendly language
- Hunger for creating something new and make a mark
- Good Project Management skills in prioritizing multiple tasks
- An ability to think through problems and provide clear logic
- Clear presentation of information skills (reports, tools, and summaries)
- Advanced skills in Excel and affinity for other analytic tools
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us