JOB TITLE: Assistant R&D Formulation & Process Development Manager – Personal Care
JOB LOCATION: Istanbul, Turkey
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- To support the category agenda linked to the F4G mindset
- To support the implementation of cluster/local R&D elements of the Category innovation program
- To work with Process Capability champion to deliver process-related support for the successful deployment of projects.
- To support delivery of the savings agenda for NAMET Skin Cleansing pertaining, but not limited, to smart product platforms, bringing forth new ideas based on local benchmarking
- To give input for the development, together with local/ regional marketing, of key initiatives to be landed in the region
- To support the Supply Chain (SC) agenda as required by the program
- To execute seamless project management as Technical Project Leader (TPL)
- As cluster TPL, he/she will be responsible for the completion, on time in full, of R&D tasks for all his/her innovation/renovation projects and activity requests through effective project management. This includes activities such as collaborating to develop business cases, defining business and/ or technical requirements, and preparing detailed project plans and schedules, and generating project/technical risk assessments and provide mitigating plans.
- He/ She will be fully responsible for the successful delivery of Formulation, Process, and Claims relevant to agreed mixes, through active collaboration with Global Design Centres (GDC) and Consumer Technical Insights (CTI) cluster lead.
- Responsible for driving deploy excellence across NAMET organization through successful execution of new and novel manufacturing processes to support launches. This role will be co-owned with the category Processing Leader to promote brilliant execution in the sourcing sites.
- Partners with other functions to identify value improvement projects, develop and implement strategy, and assist in setting strategic technical direction.
- Monitors Competitor activity, supporting Global Design and Regional Deploy with regional consumer needs and insights. Has a working knowledge of how to understand the local market, including consumers, competitors, and 3rd party capabilities.
- Co-manages R&D related issues pertaining to quality and product safety in the Operating Company, providing the link between Supply Chain and R&D, to maintain compliance to Unilever’s quality system, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Providing support for the development of third parties in the context of flash/sprint projects, with aim to deploy with speed and grow the business.
- Autonomous in decision making process on various task/projects being handled from time to time.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, its equivalent or with relevant experience corresponding to above requirements
- Min 3 years of relevant experience in formulation & process development in R&D teams
- Fluency in English
- Strong digital understanding
- Project Management & Planning skills
- Standard MS Office tools knowledge is a must,
- Processing and technology expertise
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us