The Assistant Pasteurizer operates the HTST and employs the correct formulas and processes to supply the manufacturing department with the mix needed to meet scheduled production requirements.
Train on days for approximately 6 weeks then go to nights untimely.
- Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, and all other safety policies and practices.
- Sets up tanks and silos to receive product, including sanitizing and the assembly and disassembly of equipment. Operates system to assemble batches of mix according to the required specifications, and ensures completion of all required paperwork.
- Orders necessary ingredients per formula specifications. Acquires familiarity with outside purchases of liquid ingredients and ability to forecast the needs of doing so.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all GMP and quality requirements, including the cleanliness of the mix area.
- Monitors equipment for malfunctions and performs minor repairs when needed. Communicates with management and maintenance department regarding reoccurring problems and repair needs.
- Oversees mix room operations, including rework personnel.
- Plays active role within the KTE and other continuous improvement activities. Works with inspectors during equipment testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work is performed on the manufacturing floor and the mix rooms. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary, safety toe, electrical, footwear.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic understanding and ability to use computers. Basic mathematical aptitude.
- Experience or training in operation of forklifts, ability to learn how to operate tractor/trailers in order to operate them on the lot.
- Ability to understand mechanical concepts and learn all aspects of the position in a short period of time.
- Satisfactory score on the assessment test that is given to be considered for this position.
- Ability to lift 50 to 80 pound bags of powder
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us