Location: Raeford NC
Shift Hours: 2nd (2:30 pm - 11:00 pm) - 3rd (10:30 pm - 7:00 am)
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is looking for a Basic Operator in our Raeford factory. In this role you will be responsible for operating production equipment, troubleshoot process faults, and making required adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Operate equipment, troubleshoot process faults, and make required adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Lead effective and safe changeover, start-up, and shutdown of all equipment in assigned work area.
- Perform routine cleaning, lubrication, and basic maintenance of equipment. Develop, maintain, and follow cleaning, lubrication, and inspection standards.
- Understand WCM principles and demonstrate a commitment to those principles. Lead WCM small group activities including development of necessary documents to complete AM Steps and participating in presentations for step audits.
- Ensure reconciliation, and inventory documents are completed neatly and accurately.
- Direct and train new teammates.
- Submit focused improvement ideas and participate in improvement activities using 5-Why analysis, CAP-Do, and other problem solving techniques.
- Understand interaction of equipment and systems, identify equipment abnormalities, monitor equipment condition to improve outputs, interpret data (SPC, graphs, charts, OEE), identify problems (5-Why Analysis, CAP-Do Cycle), and formulate proper decisions.
- Understand basic manufacturing principles including operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform quality checks on line. Understand and implement quality concepts and controls as related to specific equipment and processes. Locate, understand, and apply Standard Operating Procedures and One Point Lessons. Write and train other team members on SOPs and OPLs.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to plant safety procedures. Work in a safe manner. Follow LOTO procedures. Communicate unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel. Understand how to locate and use MSDS documents.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to housekeeping standards. Ensure work area is kept neat and orderly. Understand and follow 5S process.
- Understand different team roles and demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills in areas of responsibility. Able to move through team positions in both core-job and team leadership roles.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 1-3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Ability to stand, crouch and bend
- May lift over 5 pounds but under 50 pounds 15 to 40% of time worked
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us