This posting represents multiple openings for Associate Brand Managers on our Beauty & Personal Care AND Food & Refreshment brands based in Englewood Cliffs. Interested in being considered? Apply today!
Title of role: Associate Brand Manager, Innovation
Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever, we believe passionately in a purpose-driven business. And our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. Working at Unilever as an Associate Brand Manager means you are joining a world-class marketing organization that has produced many of the world’s most beloved brands – brands with a purpose. We are looking for individuals who believe in this vision, and who are capable of crafting strategy, owning a P&L, implementing fully integrated brand mixes, and leading cross-functional teams in launching new products to market, among other tasks.
This role will be responsible for leading and delivering the innovation agenda, intensifying the funnel to address white space opportunities and deliver against channel and customer priorities in the US. You will work closely with the cross functional innovation planning team to drive the roadmap from idea to implementation knowing when/how to influence global and local activities to drive business growth.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Associate Brand Manager, Innovation will need to bring dynamic attitude and passion to:
- Evolving Brand Proposition & Architecture
- Defining Innovation Strategic Pillars & White Spaces
- Designing and Crafting Innovation Big Bets, including concept, design, product, pack, and full mix development
- Bring a mindset of sustainability into product design and development
Specifically, Associate Brand Manager, Innovation will:
- Work closely with Consumer Market Insights and their People Data Center to identify core consumer insights and product benefits.
- Serve as project lead for Suave innovation roadmap on one or several categories.
- Work closely with Performance teams and Customer teams to drive Design 4 Channel Innovations.
Depending on team workload & agenda and according to Agile principles, this role might carry some Engagement Development (Communication assets…) in the future.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years in Marketing, with some experience in Innovation Crafting.
- A well-informed Beauty “gut” coupled with an eye for aesthetic, design and attention for details.
- A Passion for Consumers and Shopper Understanding.
- A balance of art & science – ability to think creatively & strategically, with strong business mindset.
- A Problem Solving mindset and willingness to challenge the established norms.
- Comfortable with using data throughout aspects of the role, turning consumer and social insights into strategic thinking.
- Passion for big iconic brands and desire to leave a mark.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us