About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Job Title: Associate Category Manager – ekaterra
Job Type: Fulltime
Location: Remote - East Coast
The Associate Category Manager performs a valuable role in supporting the category advisor team and building a strong partnership with various retail customers by providing strategic, consultative category advisor guidance and leadership to grow the Tea business. This position will conduct high quality analysis and synthesis of multi-source data to derive insight, while leveraging effective communication & influencing to orchestrate action within the operational realities of the retailer environment.
Who we are looking for:
- Deliver integrated consumer, category and market insights to guide retailer strategic choices and tactical actions, leading to market leading growth.
- Proactively provide analytics using all Category Management capabilities like planogram software, data tools, and data visualization tools to drive business opportunities and develop actionable recommendations.
- Develop and foster, through timely and professional communication, business relationships with key contacts that establish the Tea company as a lead source for all category strategy needs
- Responsible for supporting the execution of assortment modular development, baseline analytics, and category reporting.
- Responsible for providing Category Management reporting, trend analysis, customized customer reports, and special project work directly to Merchandising.
You’re a born leader: You will become the ‘go-to’ Category Strategy resource by providing insight-led, actionable recommendations
You’re a story teller: You will use data and category management capabilities to create compelling presentations to sell-in category growth opportunities
You’re a strategy specialist: You’ll integrate multiple sources of insight to define where to play and how to win over the short and long term. You’re able to develop plans for execution and engagement with appropriate customer contact points, timing, & content based on industry research and Unilever knowledge
You’re a visionary: Figuring out problems with limited direction doesn’t faze you. You have the intuition to anticipate issues and opportunities by elevating analyses beyond reporting to develop and translate insight into retail action
You’re a dot connector: You will penetrate multiple cross-functional teams and the customer to link business opportunities and proactively make both strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Category Management or Customer Management Insights
- CPG experience required
- Expertise in linking analytics via traditional data sources with cutting edge capabilities and tools to develop insights into action
- Excellent planning, analytical, communication skills required; Strong PowerPoint, Excel and presentation skills
- Knowledge & application of syndicated data sources (Nielsen, IRI, Household Panel (Numerator), Loyalty Card Data)
- Space Management Software Experience
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us