Background & Purpose of the Job
The Omnichannel Team Lead, Walmart is responsible for embedding eCommerce business operations into the way we manage customer development at Walmart while rapidly growing Unilever’s omnichannel turnover and share.
The Omnichannel Team Lead will collaborate with the team members from Pureplay eCommerce team and Digital Business Operations to develop an informed point of view on what is needed to drive eCommerce growth for Walmart. The Omnichannel Team Lead will engage across the Customer Development (CD) team and customer contacts responsible for Walmart to understand the main barriers to Unilever’s growth on digital platforms, and the key jobs-to-be-done to drive commercial results for Unilever. In partnership with key CD team members, the Omnichannel Team Lead will determine the retailer-specific goals, areas of opportunity, joint business plan items, and solutions, and work across the CD team to execute and drive results. S/he must also help the team and the customer to apply the right assortment to the right omnichannel format across all categories – a critical component for success in this channel. S/he will drive accountability for Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online metrics for Walmart. S/he needs to be an eCommerce expert who can navigate both Unilever and the customer organization effectively to accelerate omnichannel sales. The Omnichannel Team Lead will become the ‘go to’ expert on the team for omnichannel eCommerce strategy and execution, and a key digital talent for the future. The Omnichannel Team lead will be responsible for driving an omnichannel first agenda internally (integrated reporting, planning, mindset, etc.) and with the customer to set Unilever up for current and future success with Walmart.
What You’ll Do
• Create omnichannel growth strategies and operational plans for multiple customers
• Identify opportunities to help our key retailer customers grow their eCommerce businesses by leveraging our portfolio, our insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCommerce learnings and best practices across other customers and markets
Develop the Plan:
• Partner with the Consumer Market Insights field business partner to understand eCommerce insights and commercialize them with the customer
• Work with Shopper Marketing on fully-integrated customer plans to capture share of the evolving shopper
• Pragmatically identify opportunities to accelerate omnichannel sales in-year by leveraging our portfolio, insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCommerce learnings and best practices across other customers and markets
Be an Operator:
• Identify and evaluate content, in-stock, assortment, key drivers of digital sales velocity, and other opportunities through regular Walk the Store Online (weekly), routine analytics on digital sales data, and competitive benchmarking review
• Deliver eCommerce Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online goals by establishing eCommerce fundamentals, prioritizing opportunities for quick growth, and operating the business in partnership with other Customer Business Managers (e.g., ensuring retailer takes 7OA and closing 7OA content gap, improving customer’s in-stock performance, retailer dotcom assortment review, search performance, etc.)
• Ensure that ePOS data is secured in alignment with eCommerce channel reporting requirements
• Apply key eCommerce best practices around content, traffic, conversion in conjunction with core CD practices such as holistic customer investment management, forecasting, promotions, and analytics
Be a Change Agent: Help the CD team pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by creating and embedding business processes to support omnichannel CD. You will partner closely with cross-functionals to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
Develop Capabilities: In this key role you will be responsible for developing practices on the CD team (e.g., eCommerce assortment strategy, Click & Collect management, Shipt engagement) in partnership with the eCommerce Digital Business Operations and CD Learning teams.
Develop Talent: You will be directly and indirectly responsible for the development of internal talent, and the recruitment of the right external talent to further build out Unilever’s omnichannel-capable talent bench. You will need to provide the right level of coaching, particularly in the area of core eCommerce functional skills such as multiformat assortment strategy, economic modeling, data- and metrics- driven decision-making, cross-functional problem-solving, attribution, etc. You will be instrumental in helping Unilever upskill and upgrade its customer development workforce to drive omnichannel growth.
Invent, Simplify, and Scale: Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 8-10 years of experience in consumer packaged goods or retail industry, including roles in sales or customer development
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic and conversion drivers, search, the consumer’s path to purchase journey and omnichannel retailer models
- Experience interfacing with the customer and owning commercial goals; Walmart customer experience strongly preferred
- Heavy analytical and data-driven decision-making experience
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us