WHO ARE WE?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally. Through our household brands, like Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman’s and Axe, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet - and you can be part of it.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You will be assigned to work in the most challenging and exciting programs within the Deodorant Innovation funnel as R&D Packaging developer. Your expertise will be focused on our top projects from a technical challenge and risk perspective mainly in Aerosol formats.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will liaise with Deo partners in Global, Format, Design Capabilities and Deploy to ensure that our programs have continuity from brief to market delivery.
- You will be involved in the briefing process, for both innovation and non-innovation projects in Mexico for North America Market.
- You will coordinate and support tests and trials in the Factory, Pilot Plant and Laboratory that will write the future of Deodorant technology in the world.
- You will ensure a soft technology transference to the factory applying your packaging expertise.
- You will have direct contact with Packaging suppliers to unluck innovative opportunities and modify as necessary to meet: customer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets, manufacturing & shipping requirements
- Aerosol packaging development for North America Market.
- Guarantee Business continuity in Mexico for North America.
WHAT YOU´LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Graduate / Post Graduate B.S. Degree (Packaging Science, or Engineering equivalent) with experience in Package Development and/or Aerosol Engineering experience.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Must be able to effectively organize and manage workflow of multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a general understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging commitments to project scheduling.
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively to technical and non-technical personnel (Brand, Finance, Creative, Manufacturing)
- Must be able to work effectively with regional and/or global teams composed of individuals with technical and non-technical backgrounds & perspectives.
- Must understand consumer, business, and category needs and the relationship to packaging decisions & execution.
- Must demonstrate understanding of package development process and engineering principles.
- Must demonstrate ability to design and develop primary and secondary packaging components, with minimal guidance, that meet consumer, Brand, customer, and manufacturing objectives
- Must have effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and/or basic technical competence in aerosol technology (aluminum/tinplate cans, valves, actuators), knowledge and/or basic technical competence fabrication of plastic components: Injection molding & Blow molding is a plus.
- Must have knowledge and technical competence in package materials converting & decoration: Labels, cartons, films, etc
- Must have Supply Chain knowledge related to packaging filling lines and Packaging QA.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and operate well in a team environment.
- Must operate in an ethical manner, exhibiting self-confident integrity demonstrating a positive approach to conduct & communications. Ability to build networks in and outside of Unilever.
- Desirable DOT, FDA, OTC handling knowledge.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge - apply now via the link, with your updated resume in English!
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us