Background & Purpose of the Job
The eCommerce Marketing Manager will be a key force driving the portfolio transformation for the Hair category across the core/white spaces and deliver on business model innovation, to turbocharge sales and growth in this exciting and fast paced environment.
Who You Are
You LOVE marketing. You think and act strategically and creatively. You get on the front line, providing world-class brand experiences and a deep understanding of what drives and influences sales and an outstanding consumer experience.
You are a passionate eCommerce leader with expertise in varied online commerce disciplines like profitable portfolio management across e-retailers (Amazon, Walmart, Target), network deployment of eCommerce [Design for Channel] brand/product format initiatives, profit and loss (P&L) management and building new business models for brands on ship to home.
You are a subject matter expert. You know the right questions to ask at the right time and provide direct leadership to brand and category leaders so that they can reach shoppers in compelling, creative ways, while also maximizing the return.
You’ll quarterback a squad of subject matter experts that incubates commerce strategies and works with brands to drive growth.
You will champion an iterative way of working that enables continuous improvement – encouraging marketing that is fun, learns from failures and innovates every day to elevate Unilever’s capabilities and execution.
As an eCommerce expert, you’ll help lead and shape the thinking around how to up Unilever’s game in eCommerce product and portfolio management, while serving as a vital connector and influencing the organization to deliver on innovation plans that are fit for the eCommerce channel; that drive the core business and innovate to grow eCommerce in the US.
If you have what it takes and are passionate about shaping the Future of online Retail landscape, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Core profitable portfolio expansion and optimization: across Amazon, Walmart, Target and Instacart, develop strategy and lead execution of core assortment (i.e., core expansion, profitable bundles, gifting, etc.) aimed at driving top line growth, enhancing our consumer experience and increasing operating efficiency and/or profitability
- Deployment of eCommerce product networks: partner with global innovation teams to drive innovation networks, coordinating with supply chain and R&D to create fit-for-channel product mixes that address value density
- Manage 3P partnerships and build new business models: lead a portfolio and P&L differentiation strategy between 1P and 3P business, analyzing and driving crucial levers and building new business models and pilots for core/new innovations
- Financial delivery and P&L lead: achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue and profit targets for both established and new items, and for overall channel targets
- Drive the eCommerce Net Revenue Management (eNRM) initiatives – assortment, price, pack, promotion
- Plan and forecast with input from, and alignment with, the hair organization. Draft the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for eCommerce sales, including commitment to a range of internal KPI’s
- Ensure mixes launching in eCommerce are compliant with the channel requirements (profitability, SC – ISTA 6, etc.)
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience across the Marketing, Digital or eCommerce landscape
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- Ability to lead a cross functional team to land eCommerce product networks
- Experience in influencing senior stakeholders and navigating a highly matrixed, global organization
- Proven track record of growing online sales through managing product assortment, enhanced content, and product ratings and reviews on a major online retailer (Amazon, Walmart, Target)
- Knowledge of technical setup activities for eCommerce platforms
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us