This position performs third shift sanitation duties as assigned, sets up silos and univats to appropriate lines in a sanitary manner, performs environmental and sanitary cleaning in conformance with GMPs and operational area housekeeping. It is also involved in related functions during line changeover activities.
- Perform the job duties in a manner, which is safe for yourself and others around you, including compliance with all PPE requirements and other established safety practices.
- Comply with all quality/GMP issues including all documentation. Follow all established sanitation procedures.
- Perform environmental and sanitary cleaning as required. Cleaning to include equipment, drains, walls, ceilings, floors, and other areas as assigned.
- Be involved with and have a good understanding of how to properly clean and sanitize all production equipment in order to help with teardowns and start-ups.
- Be involved with and be able to change over and set up any production equipment.
- Be involved with KTE Program and take part in continuous improvement process.
- Clean drains in Production Room #1,#2,#3, Receiving Room, & Warehouses
- Machine changeovers (including set-up, moving equipment, making tygon hoses, etc. General help with maintaining production efficiency.
- Chocolate room inventory.
- Cleaning of Chocolate Rooms as assigned.
- Clean electrical panels.
- Clean overhead conveyors.
- Clean Production Room doors.
- Clean walls in all Production Rooms.
- Clean Bug lights in Warehouses.
- Ceiling tile inspection (cleans or replace as necessary).
- Clean intercom speakers in all production areas.
- Clean all pull cords for overhead doors.
- Clean all power cords, and airlines to each machine.
- Clean, organize, and inventory the O Ring Room.
- Clean, maintain and organization of the Production Mezzanine.
- General plant cleanup.
- Responsible for all chemicals used for production.
- Setup and distribution of all chemical carts used by production.
- Chemical inventory.
- Unloading of bulk chemicals.
- Clean and organize chemical room
- Check all CIP systems have chemicals and proper strengths.
- CIP production mix lines.
- All tank hook ups for production.
- All line blow downs.
- Change gaskets on production lines not in use.
- Scrub and polish production line exteriors (stainless steel) while not in use.
- Setup of chocolate tanks.
- Assist mix department with tank CIP’s.
- Changing of the filter media for ventilation in all 3 production rooms, on a weekly basis.
- Clean warehouse floors on daily basis (new warehouse).
- Change light bulb on production floor; tag lights for ballast change needed.
- QUAT production floors daily.
- All other duties as assigned by a Supervisor.
- Safety - Knowledge and understanding of national Safety and Environmental legislation and company policy, systems and practice relevant to Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals. Ensure that procedures and practice adhere to safety policy and legislation. Must actively contribute to the safe working environment.
- Workplace Hazards - Full knowledge of workplace and hazards within it. Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the tasks in your area.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials. Must actively contribute to an eco-efficient environment.
- Continuous Improvement – An awareness of how to use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area; provides description of problems and can provide monitoring of process or line issues.
- Problem Solving – An awareness of how to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Teamwork – Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and able communicator.
- Physical Ability – Operators require a level of agility to move quickly between workstations, ascend and descend steps often carrying loads. Assembly and control operations also require a level of hand eye coordination and finger dexterity. Monitoring and Quality assurance tasks require an adequate level of sight and smell.
- Working Environment
Work is performed on the manufacturing floor. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary footwear.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us