Job Title: Assistance Manager, Global Intelligent Automation.
Location: Bangalore or Mumbai
Unilever is one of the world’s largest suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
About Data & Analytics: (D&A)
D&A has a purpose to make Unilever Data Intelligent by powering key conclusions with data & advanced AI.
The vision of a Future-Fit Unilever is of an organisation powered by data throughout all aspects of the company’s operations and processes; leveraging data to vastly improve innovation and build stronger brands, drive excellence in execution with our customers, enhance the consumer experience through personalisation and deeper engagement, and transforming our internal operations to run more efficiently.
Our team of D&A specialists operate in every part of our business and we are looking to grow our capabilities with tomorrow's stars. A unique opportunity to work in a D&A role, with one of the strongest FMCG brands in the world, giving you the ability to link your work directly with business growth, and working on cutting edge technology in an innovative environment. Your role will have direct impact on Unilever’s purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace.
About Your Role:
This role will lead the Information Optimization and Automation team as part of the D&A Operations and would be a key part of the Data & Analytics Operations Leadership team. Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Working with all levels of the business up to Senior Management to understand their business problems and delivering excellent analytical solutions to address these
· Lead a team of 10 members on Automation teams and provide support across on project
· Lead solution design and development of automated solutions using Next Gen information toolkits
· Plan and execute automation and simplification program with PMU’s and Markets across teams to deliver automation related activities and deliver value to the business units
· Vendor Management is crucial for the role to manage D&A led simplification, automations, and other ML based automation development
· Responsible for engaging with business and expanding Automation toolkits in the space of Data, Information, Reporting and Analytics
· Partner with country / markets / functions / division teams on unlocking person hours across teams but also enable simplified processes
· Drive actionable insights and work with markets on autonomous no touch automation and bring about transformational changes in the Markets
· Delivering on Productivity and Financial Targets for D&A Operations
· People engagement and capability building for the team in D&A operations
· Program Manage the Information Optimization and Automation funnel with creation of demand generations and creating avenues to optimize in Data and Analytics area
Additional Details of Your Role:
· Deliver automations to enable the Information Optimization programme for selected Markets and business units.
· Accountable for the delivery of the reports by the team ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information as per the agreed and signed SLAs.
· Maintain relationships with global clientele for the regular delivery of reports through regular customer governance calls for project scrum (Business As Usual); This includes review of customer scorecards, understand customer feedback and dial them back to the project milestones
· Co-ordinate the transition of operations/reports/processes from clients to the Unilever Operations with thorough review of the E2E operations, developing local capabilities and collaborating with various stakeholders for opportunities for automation/simplification.
· Review and ensure that the standard operating procedures (SOP) and Flow charts are followed, while the issue logs maintained by the team are addressed.
· Responsible for inducting new members of the team by putting them through the required familiarization and training programmes.
· Drive process improvements for simplification and standardization of information.
· Accountable for initiating Root Cause Analysis at the time of resolving any escalation received.
· Responsible for the performance management, capability development and appraisal of the direct reports
· Responsible for adherence to Unilever Control and compliance policies
· Responsible for bringing in new tools and technologies, around visualization, automation and data, to enable faster delivery at D&A Ops & Automation
· Responsible and accountable for delivering automation as a service in the space of Data, Information, Reporting and Analytics across Ops and beyond D&A
· Co-partner on establishing governance on Automation processes with Core technology partners in IT and deliver business process and data automation using automation in the space of Data, Information, Reporting and Analytics
· 6 to 8 years of relevant* experience.
· *experience in FMCG/Manufacturing Unit/KPO/IT Industry
· Experience in working with Azure Databricks, Data Factory, SQL based solutions, Python
· Understanding of Financial and Accounting KPIs
· Advanced MS Office application skills .i.e. Power BI, Excel-Power query, vb script, word and PPT.
· Professional qualification in Finance/Supply chain/Marketing (Ex: CA, MBA – Finance/Marketing)
· Professional qualification in Technology (B.Tech/M.Tech, MSc/MCA etc)
· Prior experience in handling a large team.
· Understanding of business drivers, processes and metrics for the finance, supply chain or market function.
· Experience in Solution Design and good with technical understanding of Enterprise Software Solutions/ Industry Data and Automation toolkits
What We Offer:
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
“By clicking “apply” you will be joining our talent network through which we will be in touch about opportunities for this role in the future.”
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us