Job Title: Assistance Manager, Advanced Analytics
Unilever is one of the world’s largest suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
About Data & Analytics: (D&A)
D&A has a purpose to make Unilever Data Intelligent by powering key conclusions with data & advanced AI.
The vision of a Future-Fit Unilever is of an organisation powered by data throughout all aspects of the company’s operations and processes; leveraging data to vastly improve innovation and build stronger brands, drive excellence in execution with our customers, enhance the consumer experience through personalization and deeper engagement, and transforming our internal operations to run more efficiently.
Our team of D&A specialists operate in every part of our business and we are looking to grow our capabilities with tomorrow's stars. A unique opportunity to work in a D&A role, with one of the strongest FMCG brands in the world, giving you the ability to link your work directly with business growth, and working on cutting edge technology in an innovative environment. Your role will have direct impact on Unilever’s purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace.
About Your Role:
· Works with the business to fully understand the business problem and how to deliver relevant insights that lead to actions.
· Gathers, interprets and model’s data to solve complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on potential future outcomes.
· Fast paced agile experimentation across a range of business areas (Sales, Marketing, P&L etc).
· Build D&A models and iterate to help demonstrate the business case to scale the solution.
· Incorporate design thinking elements in building and developing solutions
· Act as the go to expert on building diagnostic and predictive models through classical modelling and Machine Learning.
· Able to scale and industrialize the solution on cloud-based platforms
Areas of Focus:
· Build data-science and algorithmic solutions to address business problems requiring diagnostic, predictive, and / or prescriptive analytics
· Drive new value from insights from connecting external (Retailer, Econometric, Panel etc) and internal data sources
· Innovate new D&A methodologies motivated by local needs which feed into D&A’s global product pipeline
· The position will be primarily a sole contributor role working closely with the business interpreter across a variety of markets & teams.
· Guide team on continuous improvement which will include:
· Improved ways of working
· Simplification and standardization
· Degree Qualified in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Econometrics, or Mathematics).
· Strong track record in solving problems using quantitative and statistical approaches
· Expert knowledge in Regression, Clustering, Random Forrest, Decision Trees, Optimization, Time Series, Probability, and other related advanced methodologies. Experience in applying Neural Networks would be a plus
· Experience in designing and industrializing D&A and Advanced Technical solutions
· Expert knowledge of tools such as R, Python & Spark
· Experience in communicating with clients and requirement gathering
· Ability to manipulate and interpret complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources (Nielsen, SAP, Retailer ePOS; both structured and non-structured data)
· Expert in working with cloud-based platforms like Azure, AWS and big data knowledge
· Excellent communication, active listening and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organisation
· Passion for delivering service excellence; and developing a culture of “easy to do business with”, where customer’s needs are anticipated
· Highly inquisitive mind-set with strong ability to identify, troubleshoot, problem solve and resolve issues. Passion for simplification and continuous improvement
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with team members to understand and develop technology solutions for business needs
· Organised, strong time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines
· Team-player who is a proactive self-starter, with the ability to work without oversight.
· Strong ethical standards regarding the handling of information.
· Ability to work quickly and accurately, and within a cross-culture and global environment.
· Ability to work with a broad, virtual team
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and SQL desirable.
· Analytically minded with good numerical ability and logical reasoning
· Proficient in using R, Python or any other data mining tools.
· Knowledge and experience in Hadoop (map reduce paradigm) etc.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us