Channel & Category Development is a strategic department in Customer Development functions. We ensure that marketing plans fit with channel/customer and shoppers’ needs in order to maximize benefit for Unilever and our Customers. The Channel & Category Development (CCD) Manager drives increased brand penetration and profitable sales volume with the customer. They are responsible for driving trade marketing efficiency and effectiveness while continually looking for growth opportunities. The CCD Manager identifies all Brand, Market, & Customer business opportunities and risks through communication with the field sales organization. The CCD Manager maximizes the return on Unilever’s trade spend. They analyse the brand strategies to ensure plans meet the market needs. They review customer-level volume and spend, challenging inaccuracies & inefficiencies where appropriate.
1. Lead the development and implementation of trade category plan for assigned channel:
• Develop customer & shopper insights for assigned channel. Translate insights into business building opportunities within specific customers/channels
• Build account/channel specific trade plans to align with total trade category plan to deliver category/brand objectives.
• Identify trade spend opportunities and allocate funds for each sector while analyzing risks.
• Match brand objectives with customer/market needs
• Work with field sales team to ensure excellence in in-store activation
• Ensure sales team to execute the most efficient JBP and trade spends
2. Work out monthly rolling forecast for assigned channel:
• Prepare promotion sell-out volume with attention to market intelligence information
• Prepare input for brand and build incremental sales volume
3. Co-work with marketing team in launch/ re-launch and consumer promotion activities:
• Allocate promotion volume to assigned channel/ customers in charge
• Work out the brief for BTL agencies and sales team
• In charge of in-store POSM design, briefing POSM/Activation team for production and installation in store
4. Co-work with Shopper Marketing team in developing and executing category/ schematic shopper promotions:
• Lead scheme proposal and execution
• Lead the communication to internal and external stakeholders on the scheme
• Follow up with POSM production gift sourcing and delivery to stores OTIF
• Conduct ROI and post-promotion evaluation
• Customer Management experience in focus account crucial.
• Bachelor Degree
• Other relevant experience in Brand Development, or Category Management beneficial
• Interpersonal Skill
• Analytical Skills
• Knowledge of business and management principles.
• Financial understanding
• Result Oriented
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us