Position Title: B2B ( e- Route to Market) Analytics Product Owner
Main Purpose of the Job:
“Digitizing Distributive Trade” and having a digital first mindset is the key ethos at the centre of global distributive trade agenda. This role needs a disruptor who believes in digital first mindset with passion & can translate that into clear & precise analytics products.
- B2B Analytics Product owner will lead setting up the analytics agenda for B2B business in distributive trade. The product owner will need to have strong external perspective to be able to influence, design & craft analytics charter partnering very closely with the business centre of excellence. The key underlying theme is to future proof our store partners by delivering solutions at par or better than industry benchmarks (Udaan, Alibaba etc).
- Product owner will be accountable for critical thinking to chart out underlying 2–3-year data strategy & bringing it to life. The Product Owner plays a key role within D&A with end-to-end ownership of the product, right from product ownership with business, product design, benefits articulation, budgets, timelines to delivery. Product Managers retain ownership of their products once they are live, and act as a key conduit between the business teams & DevOps teams for ensuring products are appropriately supported and further developed where necessary.
- Bring external in perspective to spot opportunities & establish multiyear charter for B2B analytics products – Jointly own the product vision alongside business stakeholders
- Establish compelling product design which is at par with some of our competitors’ offerings while being fit for purpose for Unilever nuances
- Establish the long-term product & data strategy associated with the product suite
- Lead the development of design thinking; cost estimates; and benefits identification to feed into the business case for the new products
- Lead the roadmap prioritization, approval & delivery working with business & market stakeholders
- Lead the squad – guiding them and taking accountability for their performance in the eyes of the business
- Oversee product functional/ non-functional design and ensure Capability Teams’ members of the squad develop solutions which meet the business requirements
- Ensure high quality products with cutting edge design is landed while bubbling up risks & roadblocks at right level of leadership
- Develop; own; and manage all project budgets & timelines
- Bring the data strategy to life by working with the BDL & Solution Factories to ensure project deliverables are appropriately costed & scheduled in-line with project expectations
- Work with the D&A Market Deployment mgrs. to test solutions & functionality
- Work with the D&A Market Deployment mgrs to land solutions to realise the benefits put forwards in the business case
- Assist the business in change impact assessments and liaise with the D&A Market Teams & Change leads on the ground to support the delivery of change management
- Lead business value measurement exercise working closely with D&A markets teams as well as business stakeholders.
- Own products developed in BAU and work with the D&A Market teams/ Solution Factory to ensure DevOps requests are appropriately managed, budgeted and delivered
Essential Experience / Skills
- M.B.A. or Post graduation in a relevant field (Business Analytics, Operations Research)
- Overall experience of 8-10 years preferred with deep knowledge on digital analytics
- Strong track record of working with senior business leadership (VPs+) to drive definition, alignment, and support for application of analytics and data to address complex business issues
- Demonstrated track record of establishing & landing analytics charters including on B2B Analytics
- Understanding of B2B eCommerce business principles & working knowledge of tools like Google analytics, Firebase etc
- Business intimacy with the sales route to market business processes & B2B eCommerce
- Proven experience in designing & landing digital analytics capabilities
- Ability to drive multiple internal and external stakeholder connects while holding relevant teams accountable for commitments
- Product design thinking experience to be able to translate the business requirements into a D&A product which leverages from Data & Technology to help deliver the business strategy
- Exposure to creating & landing business change management
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise and actionable manner
- Ability to manage multiple products at different stages of lifecycle
- Working knowledge of data science methodologies (Clustering, Regression, Classification etc) & technologies like python, R, Scala etc
- Deep understanding of data landscape & data management principles Project mgmt. skills and ability to synchronize the planning & delivery of the D&A product with the delivery of the business strategy
- Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA and competitive market Agile mindset and ability to plan the D&A product roadmap via consecutive Releases which align with key business needs.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us