Background & Purpose of the Job
eCommerce is disrupting consumer packaged goods (CPG) retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth. Brick and Mortar incumbents are investing billions to catch-up, and leading companies are putting digital ecommerce at the heart of their strategies.
The Amazon Associate Digital Marketing Manager will ensure that Unilever is positioned for success with the most strategic eCommerce customer, Amazon, by creating, executing, and maximizing shopper marketing campaigns that drive consumer engagement and result in sales increase.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are ready to leverage your marketing, customer development and eCommerce experience to create and manage effective activation campaigns. You will support Unilever’s portfolio across Beauty, Personal Care, Food and Ice Cream. You are excited to amplify Unilever’s national marketing, and maximize key activation opportunities, such as Prime Day and Black Friday.
You will use your experience, analytical rigor, innovative thinking and old-fashioned grit to design shopper marketing support plans across multiple Unilever business and Amazon Platforms (including dotcom, fresh, stores and business) in collaboration with the respective customer development and marketing teams.
You will leverage your skills and experience as a performance marketer to set campaign targets, track performance and measure results with the objective of maximizing return on investment.
Lastly, you will use the latest sales data and insights from Amazon to influence our sponsored search and media strategy.
- Assist with managing the budget - Work with customer development and brand teams to forecast and secure necessary Amazon activation budget and resources; reconcile budget monthly
- Develop activation calendar - Design and implement annual activation plans that support Unilever national campaigns, new item launches, critical initiatives, and Amazon tentpoles, with clear performance benchmarks
- Execute flawlessly - Work with brand teams and agency partners to create assets, with customer business managers to select promotable assortment, and with supply chain to ensure product availability. Lead coordination of activation with Amazon. Maintain audit compliance through contract management, in coordination with third party
- Analyze and track performance – Evaluate program performance leveraging sales, traffic, glance view data, comparing to performance benchmarks set for each program; leverage learnings to adapt future programs. Also, work with third party to understand competitive activation
- Support holistic marketing – Partner with media and brand teams to influence sponsored search and display campaigns
- Manage innovation VINE program – Ensure that new items quickly acquire adequate ratings and reviews
- Create and manage Amazon “Brand Stores” including brand name management on product display pages
- Drive discovery through new initiatives/test and learns, including influencers
- Support organization learning with collaborative sharing plans and learnings cross-functionally
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of brand/CPG experience
- Experience working with Amazon is highly preferred
- Experience developing successful online shopping experiences that create value for consumers and strategic retailer partners; paid search experience is a plus
- Experience analyzing performance data and summarizing/communicating findings via reports and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us