Food Solutions Background:
Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) is the foodservice division of Unilever leading the dynamic Food Service market with a range of exciting professional food and beverage products and services to chefs across 22 Multi-Country Organizations (MCOs) in 72 countries. North America is the biggest Food Industry of the world and we are offering best in class brands like Hellmann’s, Best Foods, Knorr, Le Goût, Maille, Lipton, Pure Leaf and recently Pukka and Tazo.
The world of Food Solutions is an exciting environment with passionate professionals who work hard to carry out their common ambition of “freeing chefs to love what they do.” Our customers range from independent restaurants and hotels, to chains and workplace, or hospital caterers.
If you like the idea of digital transformation and responsibility for selling through webshops and converting traditional offline customers to online customers, this might be the opportunity for you. The Food Service industry is changing quickly, and operators are looking for more ways to buy their products than ever before. Pure Players, like Amazon, and Trade Webshops, like shop.sysco.com have become increasingly important and are only a few of the digital commerce channels where our operators shop for UFS’s products. This growing channel of business is an opportunity for us to increase our reach with customers we currently do not sell our products to today.
Purpose of the Job:
The UFS eCommerce Specialist will unlock the growth of selling Unilever food products through our partners’ Trade Webshops (Sysco, US Foods, Gordon Food Service, Ben E. Keith, etc.). You will be tasked with driving the growth of this new channel. You will own the P&L and growth plan with these customers and will establish and maintain direct relationships by working directly with our UFS Customer Development team who partners with these same accounts. In the beginning, the focus will be on US and Canadian markets. You will be responsible for delivering the online sales targets per Trade Webshop.
You will also work very closely with the UFS NA Marketing team to design and execute the online strategy and plan digital activations as well measure performance to continuously optimize.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Act as key driver in UFS Sales organization to accelerate the digital commerce transformation
- Unlock growth via disruptive means aimed to increase reach and penetration for UFS
- Execute best-practices established at the Local and Global levels that align with Unilever’s Design for eCommerce and 7 Online Assets (7OA) initiatives
- Manage digital content integration with customer systems via GDSN One World Sync and internal systems
- Develop digital marketing and eCommerce business plans with account managers to ensure UFS wins market share in the transition to digital transactions
- Coordinate marketing asset collaboration between UFS marketing and our customers to ensure activations are fit for the platforms on which they are advertised
- Engage with the digital transformation team to trailblaze new ways to sell to B2B customers in the foodservice industry.
You’re a strategy guru: Plan and Deliver the overall Sales eCommerce strategy including day to day account relationship with targets/forecast per Webshop derived from long term strategy and overall company year plan; Develop and execute eCommerce activations in strong alignment with the Marketing team.
You’re a born leader: Lead the eCommerce transformation in the UFS sales organization.
You’re a dot connector: Drive eCommerce capabilities in wider organization to build the fundamentals and speed up embedding eCommerce within food service sales.
You’re a teacher: Coordinate training efforts with the Field CD team to increase scale and reach through trainings, best practice sharing, how to Walk-The-Store-Online (WTSO) and recommend Trade Partner Webshop changes to improve shopping experience for UFS products.
You’re a changemaker: Accelerate Webshop sales through key UFS customers.
You’re a culture & change champion: Gain learnings from other UFS countries as well our US retail eCommerce team and actively share best practices.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Digital and eCommerce, especially within different eCommerce models such as pure players (e.g., Amazon) and trade partners
- Experience setting sales strategy, campaign planning, trade funds management, negotiation
- Experience in account relationship, P&L ownership, forecasting and tracking profitability
- Experience within CPG environment or within a pure play retailer highly preferred
- Experience with analytics platforms and creating reporting dashboards preferred (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Power BI, Tableau and/or others)
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset; ability to deal in ambiguity and build innovative solutions to achieve goals
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us