What’s the mission?
It is an exciting time to be part of the growth and portfolio transformation agenda on Foods in South East Asia. You will join a passionate and diverse team building Foods as a consistent growth driver for the region powered by growth on the Core portfolio of Bouillon Cubes and powders. We are in the midst of evolving our core brand Knorr to drive better food choices for people and planet; in line with our “Food Future” ambition, while expanding the platforms we operate in beyond Core Scratch Cooking and Dressings to new tailwind segments like Ready to Eat Mini Meals, Plant Based Meat and Healthy Snacking.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Brand Director to join this Foods mission and to drive and lead one of the most exciting and diverse regions for Foods innovation. This is a high visibility role, and the Global Brand Director will be leading several multi-country projects and engagements, reporting to the Global Brand Vice President – Knorr and Scratch Cooking, based in the Netherlands. The incumbent will have 4 Regional Managers reporting to him/her.
Purpose of role:
Leadership of the multi country Foods core renovation and innovation agenda and Big Bets for South East Asia on the global brands. Seeding of new platforms and brands in strategic tailwind segments like Ready to Eat Mini Meals, Plant Based Meat and Healthy Snacking.
Role docks into the Global Marketing team and plays an instrumental role in inputting into the overall strategy of the division given the strategic role of SEA as a consistent topline driver for Foods.
- Global marketing team – Category stakeholders and Platform leads
- Foods CCBT Teams in ID, PH, SEAT and VN PMUs
- Partner creative and marketing agencies
- Support functions including R&D, CMI, Supply Chain and Finance
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Transform our Foods business to become a Force for Good in SEA
- Leverage and translate the Global Foods Strategy to develop superior mixes
- Transform Core portfolio via superior benefit-led consumer perceivable renovation
- Develop unmissable winning communications for Core Scratch Cooking using the new Knorr BCI
- Scope and deliver portfolio transformation in platforms such as Ready to Eat Mini Meals, Plant Based Meat and Healthy Snacking
- Chair the Regional Foods Innovation Board
- Work with markets very closely to make sure Repeatable Model of Core is landing.
- Partner with local markets and relevant global platform leads to define & keep track on the activity plan to unlock competitive growth for the brand.
- Building regional understanding on key competitors and consumer trends
- Manage the SEA marketing development budgets
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably cross-functional
- Prior experience in driving innovation and brand growth
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills to engage with various stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and forward-thinking.
- Strong ability to lead teams and develop team capabilities.
- Experience working in SEA markets (preferably in the Foods category)
- Brand building and market execution experience
- Passion to get on the frontline to create unmissable and consumer centric brand stories
Should "meet or exceed expectations" on the Standards of Leadership behaviours:
- Purpose & Service – Works from purpose for the good of others
- Personal Mastery – Always brings their best self
- Agility – Constantly curious & courageous
- Business Acumen – Generate value in Channels & Customers
- Talent Catalyst – Develops & magnifies the power of people
- Consumer Love – Creates better futures for our consumers everyday
- Passion for High Performance – Inspires the energy needed to win and grow
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us