JOB TITLE: AE Accts Reporting Manager
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston, Unilever House in Leatherhead and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in December 2023 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
The Group Chief Accountant’s Dept. (GCAD) is part of Controller’s Department. The team from GCAD is responsible for Unilever’s external financial reporting, managing the global audit relationship, determining and implementing Unilever’s accounting and controls policies, creating global accounting and controls training materials and delivering accounting and controls training and many other projects related to how Unilever measures its performance and communicates this to the external world.
GCAD is responsible for:
- Drive the quarterly/annual financial reporting process for Unilever:
- Full ownership of and responsibility for delivering the global financial results. Determine reporting requirements, communicate these effectively & manage the end-to-end process efficiently. Provide timely & on-going guidance to countries to ensure their reporting meets deadlines, is accurate, consistent and a fair representation of business performance
- Robust analysis and thorough understanding of the Unilever financial results through targeted analytical review
- Lead the preparation of the company's critical external communications on business performance - the Quarterly Announcement and the Annual Report & Accounts
- Effectively manage the relationship with external auditors and experience of working in a diverse team, representing many different countries and backgrounds
- Expertise on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and application of same within Unilever:
- Determine global accounting policies, implement them and ensure compliance
- Provide timely and clear guidance on the accounting implications of business decisions.
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to IFRS and identify the actions required internally to comply with them. Where necessary act as advocate for the company with the standard setters or other governance bodies to defend its interests.
- Developing and implementing a training strategy to support Unilever's financial reporting community. Deliver the training through various mediums, to address the needs of different audiences and learning preferences (such as e-learning, guides to best practice and live meetings)
- Exclusive responsibility for developing and implementing an accounting and reporting knowledge management strategy to deliver ongoing support to Unilever's finance community
- Responsibility for planning, co-ordination and production of the Group Annual Report and Accounts, Form 20-F and external quarterly results announcements
- Assisting the Group Chief Accountant in managing the Group’s external audit process, including extensive interaction with external bodies
- Lead Finance aspects related to debt issuance
- Lead auditor independence policy and interpretation including Audit Committee approval where appropriate and Audit Committee reporting
- Lead Global Financial Authorities schedule, interpretation and annual update for CEO approval
- Tracking of external technical reporting developments, summarising for management, preparing lobbying letters
- Ownership of all, training and compliance
- Provision of consistent, high quality advice to the business on the application of Unilever reporting
- Monitor and create ‘gap analysis’ of Unilever’s reporting versus peers
- Custodian of financial reporting expertise in Unilever
- Work to “internalise” future reporting changes: define communication and collection requirements
- Primary contact with external auditors for all non-control matters, lead Global audit fee communications, challenges and enquiries
- Liaison with country finance teams to ensure delivery of local statutory accounts
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Ability to get things done to a tight schedule
- Makes commitments and holds self-accountable for delivery – sees things through, even when the going gets tough
- Takes pride in delivering work to the highest standards
- Chartered accountant with experience in audit and corporate centre
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.
In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them to the IT Services Desk via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us