Job Description | Data Driven Marketing (DDM) Dynamic Audience Specialist
Also known as: DMP Consultant
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution are our DIGITAL HUBS – where our marketers come to work with a range of specialists to deliver data-driven marketing at scale.
Data Driven Marketing at Unilever does not mean creating niche, highly-targeted activities. Rather, it is the delivery of mass personalised communications, using multiple messages to increase relevance and impact amongst various sub-segments. It is founded on each market having a clear data strategy, with each brand having a clear audience segmentation strategy, and these being used to inform the creation of programmatic media campaigns with highly relevant and effective creative assets. Activities will be key drivers of data acquisition and eCommerce growth, while also re-invigorating brands’ equity. Over time this will lead to an increased emphasis on performance marketing and may -in some cases – lead to one-to-one marketing.
DIGITAL HUBS bring together a range of internal and external specialists, covering People Data Centre (PDC) – People Relationship Marketing and data analytics, media planning and programmatic buying, e-Commerce, social media and social listening, Community management, as well as asset creation via our own U-Studio as well as ad agencies and other content partners. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
About the role
The DMP Consultant is the champion of the use of segmented and personalised communications to drive better reach and engagement across Unilever’s brands and categories – a key step in building meaningful relationships with Unilever’s consumers. You will work alongside Brand and Category Insight Managers, Marketing Operations, 1:1/CRM leads and local IT. You will be responsible for building a strategic data driven marketing roadmap across priority brands to drive the increased acquisition and use of consumer data to create effective and engaging consumer experiences. You will be responsible for embedding the use of Unilever owned audiences in marketing activities and ensuring that all briefs completed deliver maximum business value to Unilever.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Plays leading role in the digital transformation by advising brands on their data driven marketing activities and providing input on their data strategy
- Proactively partners with (cross) category & brand teams to educate/inspire them on the practicalities and potential of the use of (1st, 2nd, 3rd party) consumer data to drive personalised marketing
- Leads realisation of new omni-channel use cases that reach the right consumer at the right moment with the right message
- Responsible for local execution of Unilever’s Data Management Platform (DMP) (i.e. audience management and trait usage); Adobe Campaign and the Customer Profile Store (CPS)
- Work with related parts of the Unilever Cloud tech stack for example Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and Adobe Campaign Solution
- Create new use case mechanisms and consumer journeys and support implementation of tag management across all digital assets that feed into the Data Management Platform
- Collate and prioritise all brand requests for use of Unilever owned audiences in orchestration of Media and direct to consumer communications. Work with brand teams to create data driven briefs, defining requirements for data analysis, insight and contact strategy recommendations to support marketing goals
- Set the requirements of support teams who work on analytics, dashboards and help unlock new data sources /APIs
- Partner with the People Data Centre (PDC) CRM Manager to develop & agree roadmaps across brand and media teams to increase use and acquisition of consumer data, as well as targeting capability
- Support the PDC function in generating audience and consumer journey insights to share with the Brands
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to key business stakeholders on data driven marketing - working closely with agencies, Media, IT and Legal
- Embed best practice and champion data standards into the business and be an advocate for improving data governance and quality
- Be a conduit for local Brands to access global expertise in all areas of data driven marketing including technology, analytics, security, privacy to the brand teams
- Primary delivery responsibility to both Global Divisions and assigned regional (market / cluster) brand teams
- Will deliver multiple project simultaneously; time and resource is managed by PDC Delivery Manager
- Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are delivered on-time and in line with internal customer requirements
Skills and Experience
- Primary Traits (‘required’)
- Ambassador of data driven marketing
- An excellent communicator with senior stakeholders, brands, peers and reports (conversational and presentational)
- Experience with digital analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management systems (e.g. Adobe Tag Manager) and Data Management Platforms
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand and articulate customer needs in business and more technical vocabulary
- Experience or understanding of data driven paid media e.g. programmatic
- Experience managing relationships within a large, multinational, matrix organization
- Secondary Traits (‘nice to have’)
- Experienced project manager, particularly in terms of project planning, forecasting demand and managing human resource accordingly
- Experience coordinating the introduction of a new internal capability at a major organisation
- Passion for the social and digital world and its implications for business
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us