Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution are our DIGITAL HUBS – where our marketers come to work with a range of specialists to deliver data-driven marketing at scale.
Data Driven Marketing at Unilever does not mean creating niche, highly-targeted activities. Rather, it is the delivery of mass personalised communications, using multiple messages to increase relevance and impact amongst various sub-segments. It is founded on each market having a clear data strategy, with each brand having a clear audience segmentation strategy, and these being used to inform the creation of programmatic media campaigns with highly relevant and effective creative assets. Activities will be key drivers of data acquisition and eCommerce growth, while also re-invigorating brands’ equity. Over time this will lead to an increased emphasis on performance marketing and may -in some cases – lead to one-to-one marketing.
DIGITAL HUBS bring together a range of internal and external specialists, covering People Data Centre (PDC), People Relationship Marketing and data analytics, media planning and programmatic buying, e-Commerce, social media and social listening, Community management, as well as asset creation via our own U-Studio as well as ad agencies and other content partners. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
About the role
The CRM & Data Partnerships Lead is the champion of the strategy and use of personalised communications to drive better reach, engagement and conversion across Unilever’s brands and categories – a key step in building meaningful relationships with Unilever’s consumers. You will work alongside PRM Manager, Digital Category Managers, PRM Analysts, Data Governance Specialist and local IT. You will be responsible for building a strategic data driven marketing roadmap via CRM system across brands and platforms to drive the increased acquisition and boost consumer data with internal & external part
- Primary Responsibilities
- Plays leading role in the digital transformation by advising PRM on building a CRM system with external stakeholders.
- Develops a CRM system that brings flawless personalised consumer journeys for all brands and platforms.
- Leads the implementation of CRM system to related parts of Unilever tech stack: Adobe Experience Manager, e-mail agent, media platforms etc.
- Reuses the 100% of the consumer data by creating personalized communication journeys by partnering with category leads and PRM analysts.
- Plans and conducts always-on A/B tests to increase open, click-to-open and conversion rates.
- Develops a performance tracking model with the relevant soft & hard KPIs: Open Rate, Click to Open Rate, Return on Marketing Spent etc.
- Generates ad-hoc and automized real-time reports via PowerBI with the performance KPIs.
- Proactively partners with external stakeholders to seed CRM system with the segmented consumer data with the lowest CPLs.
- Proactively partners with (cross) category teams to educate/inspire them on the practicalities and potential of the use of consumer data to drive personalised marketing.
- Leads realisation of new omni-channel use cases that reach the right consumer at the right moment with the right message & shares with local and global communities.
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to key business stakeholders on data driven marketing - working closely with agencies, Media, IT and Legal
- Embed best practice and champion data standards into the business and be an advocate for improving data governance and quality
- Be a conduit for local Brands to access global expertise in all areas of data driven marketing including technology, analytics, security, privacy to the brand teams
- Primary delivery responsibility to both Global Divisions, Digital Hub Category Leads, PRM Lead and local brand teams
- Will deliver multiple project simultaneously; time and resource is managed by PRM Manager.
- Work with other PRM delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are delivered on-time and in line with internal customer requirements
Skills and Experience
- Primary Traits (‘required’)
- 3-5 years of work experience with proven track report
- Ambassador of data driven marketing
- An excellent communicator with senior stakeholders, brands, peers and reports (conversational and presentational)
- Experience with CRM system, e-mail agents, digital analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) and tag management systems (e.g. Adobe Tag Manager).
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand and articulate customer needs in business and more technical vocabulary
- Experience or understanding of data driven paid media e.g. programmatic
- Experience managing relationships within a large, multinational, matrix organization
- Secondary Traits (‘nice to have’)
- Experience in coordinating the introduction of a new internal capability at a major organization
- Experience in building and working with big data with at least one coding language
- Passion for the social and digital world and its implications for business
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us