Role: Asst. CMI Manager (BPI)
Category: Beauty & Personal Care (BPC), South Asia
Line Manager: Sr. CMI Manager – Beauty & Personal Care, South Asia
Location : Mumbai
Main Job Purpose:
You will need to partner key stakeholders (both marketing and other functions) in all their strategic and tactical in-market activities. You will support your line manager in driving Growth for the Personal Care Business. You will be responsible and accountable for all consumer insights decisions on the projects that you are handling working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Be the voice of consumer on the projects and initiatives that you are working on along with the brand teams, and other cross functional project teams like R&D, finance, and technical insights.
Develop Brand and Consumer insight / expertise; relentlessly apply this knowledge to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across global stakeholders.
Inspire research partners to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
Day to day activities include:
Be the go-to person for the brand team when it comes to any consumer or market insights. Be completely on top of all consumer data sources – retail, home track and brand track to enable pro-active identification of issues and opportunities. Use the insights effectively to make actionable recommendations on pricing, distribution, proposition, product and promotion
Working closely with other support functions like media and trade to develop a holistic understanding of the market and consumer.
Leading and/or assisting in insight and idea brainstorming sessions.
Developing research proposals, suggesting research methodologies
Executing research studies; developing questionnaires; analyzing findings; and presenting results. Working closely with the social listening teams and know other agile techniques to mine insights.
Monitoring competitors’ activities and market
Monitor and manage research budget
· CMI – Global/Markets/COE/HIVE
· Marketing – Assistant Brand Managers, Brand Managers, Brand Directors
· Market research and advertising agencies
· Media and trade teams
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Proven market research experience (minimum 4 years) on either client or agency side.
- A client side experience or a mix of qualitative & quantitative experience would be an added advantage
- Ability to handle projects independently and deliver on time and in-full is a must
- You will have solid experience of at least one of the areas below:
- Experience of key qualitative and/or quantitative ad-hoc consumer and market understanding techniques
- Experience of continuous data sources; including consumer panel and retail audit.
- You will have proven record of;
- analysing and synthesising data and information from different sources
- inspiring and provoking a team to think differently about the target consumer
- cross functional team-working
- Experience from FMCG markets and personal care/beauty categories preferable but not essential
- Good presentation skills and articulate
- Highly numerate and adept at working with data.
- Willingness and flexibility to offer full support to brand team and CMI colleagues
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us