Digital and Data Specialist Americas
Job type: Fulltime
Travel: Limited travel
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
The Systems, Data and In-Silico Design team is a newly forming team to enable and lead digital transformation in R&D with a strong link to Tea Companies strategy. We will build expertise to drive data quality in specifications and we will be strengthening our capabilities in data engineering, visualisation, reporting, data science and modelling to provide maximum support to our R&D teams and the business.
In this newly forming team you will work with R&D users defining and deploying our new Tea Company R&D product development and specification systems starting from a PLM system and supporting users in effective usage of these tools. You will make sure systems are used to its full potential applying efficiency and standardisation of data structure.
Your Key Tasks
- Engage in defining system requirements for Tea Companies product development and specification systems starting from PLM.
- Active involvement in deployment of systems to R&D teams across the globe.
- Maintain and improve data quality standards of Specifications, Recipes and Product Information.
Who we are looking for
This opportunity is for a self-driven individual to engage in the roll out of an end to specification management approach in the new Tea Company. The work will be highly interdisciplinary and networked with regional R&D teams.
- Deployment of IT tools and user solutions to Beverages R&D globally starting from PLM and assuring tools are used to their full potential.
- Involvement in development of the tools and ensuring the tools meet needs and requirements of Tea Comapny R&D.
- Support R&D users in developing products and it's labelling in line with strategic needs and compliant with food law and internal rules.
- Drive defining R&D data quality standards and it's effective implementation among in the Tea Company.
- Seeking for constant improvement in processes how R&D data are collected and maintained in IT systems.
- Driving global alignment in ways of working. Assuring that data structure fits requirements of reporting and data analysis.
- Pro-actively work with users to repair the data and prevent diluting of data quality. Pull standard reports from business systems, supporting innovation or simplification projects, answer queries related to portfolio of ingredients, packaging, formulations, and R&D information on artworks.
Your Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- MSc degree in Food Chemistry, Food Technology or similar; or Data & IT driven education. Preferable combination of both.
- Experience in Food Formulation and Chemistry, Food Production and Quality, Ingredient specifications management. Preferrable experience in technical data management and reporting. Favorable experience in Nutrition, Regulatory and Food Law.
- Languages: Proficient in English (speaking and writing).
- Excellent data mining skills. Applied skills in using MS Excel. Favorable knowledge about management of databases, data analytics, and reporting including interpretation of results. Power BI.
- Ability to work effectively in multifunctional, multicultural, and multi-located teams.
- Additional competencies:
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to transfer this thinking across teams.
- Affinity with details and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Structured and consistent way of working.
- Engagement and creativity.
- Excellent networking.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and you are eligible to apply for new
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us