Assistant Global Procurement Manager – Oleochemicals
Background & Purpose of the Job
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement when you consider the sheer scale of what we are seeking to do in doubling the size of the business whilst reducing our environmental impact.
As well as ensuring that we are best in class in delivering the basics, we also have to look to the future and continuously evolve to meet the needs of our changing environment - reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive advantage. And of course, we are only half of the picture. Our suppliers are at the heart of everything we do. We need to work more closely than ever with suppliers to co-create sustainable practices and bigger and better innovations.
Purpose of the Job
As the Assistant Procurement Manager for Oleo Chemicals Procurement, you will be responsible for contracting a portfolio of Oleo Chemicals; managing a spend of approximately €170 MM for Latin America and Europe business units . Several key surfactant chemicals (SPES, SLES, Ethoxylates, Tallow Fatty Acids) lead your focus which support laundry, PC, and HHC categories. This position reports into the Senior Manager, Global Procurement, Oleo Chemicals.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
A successful procurement professional is expected to be:
- Outstanding in idea generation, ideas that are forward thinking, and that contribute to creating sustained competitive advantage
- Strong at selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying value and communicating it accordingly
- Appreciative of the value and impact of outstanding execution – an eagle eye for detail
- Act as an entrepreneur, treats business as his/her own, sets trends and is willing to lead, follow or get out of the way
- Behave as a Partner to Win ambassador and demonstrate the value Procurement adds to the business
- Genuinely committed to Unilever’s sustainably lead business model, connected with Unilever and the business agenda to deliver our Sustainability programs
- Cost & Cash: Material Cost as a % of Turnover, Savings/NMI targets, payment terms extension/ reduction
- Free Cash Flow: Strategic big bets delivery, Implementing Smart Buying tools
- Partnership & Innovation: Operational Excellence: quality & service, resilience, spec sign-off, Responsible Sourcing Policy compliance, Quality compliance, Forecast Accuracy, etc.
- Support of the Laundry and Personal Care 5S programs unlocking value for UL
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or relatable subject (Chemistry /Chemical Engineering background). MBA is a plus.
- Basic understanding of chemicals and formulation chemistry
- Minimum 2 years’ Procurement experience
- Very Strong Analytical, Interpretation and Communication skills: data/information analysis and presentation. Ability to read markets and convey findings along with recommendations, to the business
- Proficiency in English (Spanish/Portuguese is a plus)
- Comfort with systems: SAP CLM, USQS, SRS, HANA, Ariba, etc.
- Pro-active, Complex stakeholder management experience: across ranks and functions
- Knowledge and experience of forecasting, planning processes, market operations, supply chains
- On the feet thinking, crisis management skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.]
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us