Background & Purpose of the Job
The role will be responsible for leading and driving strategic programs in the North America Logistics organization, in close partnership with the Supply Chain & IT Organization. You’ll be focused on developing and implementing projects aiming to enhance and transform Logistics processes and operations. The scope of this role will reach across all categories and touch all functions in organization.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
The Logistics Transformation Specialist will be responsible for identification and implementation of strategic initiatives, projects and programs, to reach the expected cost efficiency and service level aligned to Supply Chain and Company Strategy ambition, through the deployment of strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives.
The Logistics Transformation Specialist partners closely with the NA Logistics team, IT, and providers to drive operation performance improvements using technology, business process automation and continuous improvement.
Accountability overview (including, but not limited to):
- Identify process or system innovation opportunities for Logistics Operations.
- Define and help enforce system best practices via a combination of gap analysis, audits, user groups, 3rd party supplier partnerships.
- Challenge status quo with accountability and change management within Unilever and 3rd party suppliers.
- Deploy strategic key capabilities and expertise such as benchmarking, cost to serve, design to distribute, Automation etc.
- Lead & implement strategic and transformational projects as results of capabilities deployment
- Lead innovation in Logistics, including deployment of Digital capabilities and Automation.
- Develop, follow up and implement medium terms VIP pipeline and projects.
- Develop new procedures and policies
- Other process responsibilities include:
- Interpreting data and drawing insights from SAP, OTM, WMS, transactional information
- Supporting the monthly publishing of various KPI metrics
- Facilitating the collaboration & communities of practice between plants /DC’s/ Supply Chain Planning
- Monitoring and driving the process and utilization of system best practices for Plants/DCs.
- Key deliverables: Logistics Cost per ton and cost as % of turnover reduction and Dispatch rate. Saving contribution via projects.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a curious and creative: This white space excites you. You will research and bring in new approaches to support the developing strategy.
You’re a strategy guru: You will strategize within the organization and find best possible solution. You listen to your stakeholders needs and provide workable solutions in line with corporate objectives.
You’re a dot connector: You are an enthusiastic individual who is able to connect people and processes across the entire logistics organization to enable holistic logistics strategies come to life
You’re a born leader: You lead and take ownership of your area of responsibility as the strategy maker. You are also a team player and a positive influence at work.
You’re a story teller: You understand our business and want to improve logistics, you need to be a compelling story teller so everyone understands why this is so important.
You’re a changemaker:You think differently, challenge the status quo on how we operate and deliver results as an organization. You are able to influence top management and internal stakeholders. You navigate change in a seamless and confident manner, encouraging others around you to do the same.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Logistics processes with required System Support Activity.
- Experience working within a large transportation or Logistics provider is preferred
- A history of designing and deploying process improvement projects that deliver significant efficiency gains is desired
- High competency in analytics and the ability to interpret and communicate complex data sets
- A strong aptitude for motivating and influencing teams at all levels without direct reporting authority
- Proficiency in MS Office with strength in MS Excel and Power Point
- Automotive / ecommerce environments preferred.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us