Background and Purpose of the Job
As the Processing Engineering, you will work extensively with cross functional teams such as Quality and Engineering to identify and implement focused improvement and capital projects. You will spearhead product trials and execution including interfacing with R&D and planning for new products and/or formulation changes. You will be the liaison for BOM upgrades, formulation, and processing modifications for the factory.You will lead the processing maintenance team and manage the reliability & spend for the maintenance program.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Core interface/owner to address and close Waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI, ENV, and Q pillar tools and methodologies, within processing department.
- Deliver FI Initiatives and Projects to drive Waste and Losses following WCM format.
- Responsible for tracking recipe and formulation issues to escalate to R&D and Innovation Teams external to plant.
- Responsible for interfacing with R&D and Innovation Teams to help roll out new products or formulations changes.
- Guidance and Process Owner of small-scale capital projects (<$500,000) for department that deliver safety, quality and productivity ambitions.
- Primary interface with Unilever Engineering to manage and oversee EEM flow for Operations for the development and delivery of largescale capital projects (>$500,000). Scope includes TISI development, ensuring proper installation and commissioning, recipe validation/verification, and development of necessary training/communication.
- Reliability of all processing assets to include proper function, upkeep and repair.
- Planning, oversight and execution of all maintenance periods.
- Create Technical Standards to ensure process stability and operator-level education.
- Train process operators on technical standards, ingredient knowledge development, and restoration of basic conditions (stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend good practice to other areas in facility.
- Serve at a point person to root cause and trend 4M issues across the department
- Work with and lead team of department reliability specialist
- Work closely with Quality on daily quality issues and projects
- Abide by all plant Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) policies and training
- Work with a positive Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) attitude and serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
- Be aware of plant SHE significant aspects.
- Train all new hires on operator certified safety.
- Participate in plant safety programs (i.e. SBO, Safety/GMP Audit)
You’re a paradox navigator: Manages multiple workstreams, and manages needs of both production & innovation
You’re a born leader: Ability to develop teams in dynamic and adaptive work industry and department
You’re a story teller: Coordinate and cooperate with Production teams using data to ensure best solutions for the facility for the needs of today, and future needs.
You’re a culture & change champion: Constantly coordinates with multiple teams to ensure best solutions for our facility & employees
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- 2+ years in various areas of Consumer Goods Manufacturing such as manufacturing, warehouse, planning, engineering, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; SAP is preferred as well,
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex business innovations.
- Proven ability to run projects, Ability clearly articulate, communicate and analyze complex operational details.
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis skills and ability to manage loss analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise, and background.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us