The Cluster Asst Engineering Manager will be responsible for project management and support for the Supply Chain projects on a cluster scale (SEAA – South East Asia & Australasia) in area of Packing Technology, Robotic & Automation to build new manufacturing capability to improve operational cost and cash, better and faster innovation.
The role holder will support the development of packing technology, robotic & automation in alignment with global team and coordination with stakeholders. The development role starts from idea, conceptual design lock, assessment of detail Design for Safety, Quality and Manufacturing, value engineering of provided technical solution to deliver good business case with understanding of E2E SC cost driver.
In project execution, role holder will manage project with delivery team in factory and managing stakeholders in global, cluster and country. Development of aligned technology/machinery specifications will be a key element of the role. The role holder will provide analytical support in defining optimum technology criteria. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining test/audit protocols for technology and supplier evaluation.
- Become the SC representative on project core teams.
- Facilitate/co-ordinate packing technology, robotic & automation support to agreed projects using best practice tools and processes (EPM/EEM, Project Management, QII etc) and build the network.
- Generate capital estimates with value engineering for good business case.
- Maintaining a database of best practice in area of packing technology, robotic & automation and drive leveraging of best practice implementation in cluster.
- Develop new technology solutions under coordination with global team in response to strategy assessing fit/impact with current operations.
- Undertake technology supplier evaluations in support of defining the technology supply base and scouting for new technologies which will provide competitive advantage.
- Develop understanding of the man/machine/material/ interfaces, integration of E2E machineries and process to ensure optimum solutions are delivered.
- Develop fit for future solution which align with Unilever vision/strategy: Sustainability, Digital Factory, SC Agility etc
- Support Packing Technology, Robotic & Automation skills development.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Engineering degree educated or equivalent experience
- Good communication and fluent in English
- Works well with teams, stakeholders, and customers.
- Good structural thinking: situation appraisal, problem statement, problem solving, decision making and risk mitigation.
- Basic awareness of manufacturing and supply chain process.
- Good Knowledge of Packing Technology / Equipment associated with an FMCG company.
- Knowledge and experience in design for safety, quality & manufacturing,
- Understands technical machine design principles, robotics & automation simulation, data & analytics.
- Able to prepare machine/ process stream specifications and machinery project management networks.
- Experience in 3D AutoCAD, Solidworks or similar software.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us