Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you’ll be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you’ll channel your purpose, bring fresh ideas to the table, and simply be you. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you.
ABOUT CMI: CMI (Consumer and Market Insight) in UL is part of the CDMO (Chief Digital and Marketing Office) vertical and is a business partner function whose vision is to “Drive growth through inspirational and provocative consumer and customer insights”
ABOUT THE HIVE:
PURPOSE: Set up in 2017, the HIVE is an industry first, specialist team within the Unilever CMI team that boosts efficiencies and aims to make CMI more resourceful. The purpose of HIVE is to “Create solutions on scale that enable a capacity unlock, thereby facilitating growth”
WHAT DOES THE HIVE DO: Being the foundational team within Unilever’s CMI function, HIVE works with CMI teams across the globe and leads & undertakes a high proportion of innovation consumer tests involving early-stage ideas, concept/proposition, product and pack. Typically, two thirds of the work in the HIVE involves working with innovation projects across the world and leading quantitative mix testing projects viz.
a) Idea / idea screening tests –including running home grown / in house screening tools
b) Concept, Product & Concept product tests
c) Pack tests
d) Advertising – TV & digital – pretests
In addition, HIVE acts as a capacity augmenting arm and works closely with the business to develop custom ‘capacity unlock’ solutions designed to address business pain points. Hence the remaining third of the work typically includes a) Strategic Rewinds
b) Diagnostic deep dives focused on Brand Equity/ Mkt share / Penetration movements
c) Custom solutions designed for easy access to performance management metrics (dashboards/mobile apps)
d) Meta analysis
e) AI enabled tools designed to improve quality of stimulus going into mix testing
HOW IS THE HIVE SET UP
The HIVE mirrors the divisional structure in UL and each member of the team is assigned to work one of the three divisions – BPC/ F&R/ HC and leads one category (depending on the size) within a division. We are a global team that is largely based in Mumbai (India) with a few teammates based in the UK & Netherlands as well
ROLE OF HIVE IN NURTURING TALENT
Due to the nature of the work and the exposure to foundational CMI skills, HIVE offers fantastic opportunity to hone one’s skills. Post successful completion of a stint in HIVE, HIVE teammates move into other roles (Market Insights, Engagement, Innovation, Shopper etc.) within UL CMI.
We are looking to make additions to the CMI HIVE team in Mumbai HO ROLE
• Lead ALL projects independently end-to-end (from briefing, agency coordination, deployment, reporting & analysis) ensuring 100% OTIF (on time in full) delivery while always seeking to adding value at every step and delighting business partners through excellent collaboration & consultation.
• Work closely with the business to understand pain points and then devising solutions to address the same.
• Lead/develop new techniques and technologies that can be standardized and scaled by HIVE, enabling cost and time efficiencies.
• Upskilling to become category knowledge experts who can not only absorb, assimilate, and synthesize knowledge but also disseminate analysis and findings to drive business actions
• Stakeholder management: this involves both internal stakeholders such as Marketing/CMI and other teams / contacts, along with key agency partners.
KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Hands-on experience with both qual and quant research techniques
• Proven expertise in analytical skills and data interpretation
• Displaying a growth mindset – showcase ability to learn, grow, create impact and not afraid of taking risks
• Passion for understanding consumers and internal business partner needs
• Ability to work collaboratively & efficiently in a team as well as independently, including demonstrating a high degree of accountability
• Creative thinking to combine technology, solutions or people to create something new
• Openness & willingness to ‘unlearn’ & learn – esp. from failures
Join us and create A better business. A better world. A better you. Click below to know more: www.hul.co.inv
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us