Background & Purpose of the Job
Degree is the #1 deodorants brand globally and is one of Unilever’s most successful brands. It offers products simultaneously to men and women, providing for a wide array of challenges and learning opportunities. Combine that with the US being the world’s largest deodorants market and you have all the makings of a very exciting role!
This position is for a core Degree team member involved in multiple workstreams that are vital to the success of the business. In this role, you’ll handle business forecasts, core segments of the business, key customers, and agency relationships. The person who will be successful in this position is motivated, engaged, and passionate about taking on lots of responsibility and being our partner in driving growth.
At Unilever, we believe passionately in a purpose-driven business. And our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. Working at Unilever as an Associate Brand Manager means you are joining a world-class marketing organization that has produced many of the world’s most beloved brands – brands with a purpose. We are looking for individuals who believe in this vision, and who are capable of crafting strategy, owning a P&L, implementing fully integrated brand mixes, and leading cross-functional teams in launching new products to market, among other tasks.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Associate Brand Manager, Performance will need to bring dynamic attitude and passion to:
- Manage execution of all 6Ps for the brand, setting direction on how the brand mix is implemented in the US
- Leverage data to uncover powerful insights and growth opportunities for the brand, driving insight into action
- Unlock fuel for growth through net revenue management, gross margin accretion, and by driving strong ROI on marketing activities
- Bring the consumer mix to life at retail through innovation & flawless customer execution
Specifically, Associate Brand Manager, Performance will:
- Support the day to day operations of the brand including forecasting, budget management, data and market share analysis
- Work with cross-functional and inter-agency teams to achieve brand objectives delivering brilliant brand building marketing plans (including consumer promotion and shopper marketing initiatives)
- Lead special packs, gifting, and display opportunities for flawless in-store execution
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in brand marketing or management required. Experience in beauty/personal care preferred
- Proven ability to demonstrate analytical thinking, data-driven decision making, and forecasting experience required
- Communications, corporate social responsibility, non-profit, or consumer goods experience preferred
- Understanding of the US retail environment, direct retail customer experience and digital marketing and/or branding experience preferred
- High comfort level using IRI/Nielsen (POS data) and Numerator (panel data)
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us