Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is looking for a Technical Operator 1 - Production Line Worker in our Raeford factory.
In this role you will be responsible for operating production equipment, troubleshoot process faults, and making required adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Operate production equipment, troubleshoot process faults, and make required adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
- Lead effective and safe changeover, start-up, and shutdown of all equipment in assigned work area
- Perform routine cleaning, lubrication, and basic maintenance of equipment. Develop, maintain, and follow cleaning, lubrication, and inspection standards.
- Understand WCM principles and demonstrate a commitment to those principles. Lead WCM small group activities including development of necessary documents to complete AM Steps and participating in presentations for step audits.
- Ensure production, reconciliation, and inventory documents are completed neatly and accurately
- Direct and train new teammates
- Collect data as needed to calculate OEE and determine major and minor losses
- Submit focused improvement ideas and participate in improvement activities using 5-Why analysis, CAP-Do, and other problem solving techniques
- Assist with major repairs, installations, and maintenance
- Coordinate activities between compounding, operations, and the warehouse
- Understand interaction of equipment and systems, identify equipment abnormalities, monitor equipment condition to improve outputs, interpret data (SPC, graphs, charts, OEE), identify problems (5-Why Analysis, CAP-Do Cycle), and formulate proper decisions
- Understand basic manufacturing principles including operation and maintenance of packaging equipment
- Perform quality checks on line. Understand and implement quality concepts and controls as related to specific equipment and processes. Locate, understand, and apply Standard Operating Procedures and One Point Lessons. Write and train other team members on SOPs and OPLs.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to plant safety procedures. Work in a safe manner. Follow LOTO procedures. Communicate unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel. Understand how to locate and use MSDS documents.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to housekeeping standards. Ensure work area is kept neat and orderly. Understand and follow 5S process.
- Understand different team roles and demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills in areas of responsibility. Able to move through team positions in both core-job and team leadership roles.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
High School Diploma or GED
Must have 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
May lift over 5 pounds but under 50 pounds 15 to 40% of time worked
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us