Background & Purpose of the Job
The mission of the Consumer Market Insights (CMI) team is to provide inspiration and provocation to drive transformational growth. This means delivering insights, ideas and impact – and in a world that is evolving at an accelerated pace of change. This pushes us to adapt how we innovate and engage with our consumers to be a future-fit insights team.
Unilever is looking for a dynamic and resourceful Associate Consumer Market Insights Manager who advocates strongly for today’s consumers. He/she will be a true owner who is keen to business partner, challenge and test new things as we pursue growth. Bias for action and curiosity will be vital to this person’s success, as will a passion for creating things that people truly want.
This role is an important one to the overall US Hair business as it involves closely partnering with two of Unilever’s biggest hair brands: TRESemme and Suave.
This role will lead innovation and engagement on Suave Hair as well as lead US engagement efforts for TRESemme. It is a unique opportunity to work across both brands and drive an important point of view across the full Hair business (both in the US and globally).
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Lead TRESemme engagement in the US as they look to land brand communications and further develop purpose
- Partner closely with TRESemme CMI Engagement Lead to drive US point of view and communicate important cultural trends, touchstones and nuances
- Help to drive styling/end look strategic workstream in the US
- Lead Suave’s innovation learning plan across sub-ranges: Rose Gold, Men’s Styling and Design for Channel exclusives
- Serve as the engagement lead across Suave communication agenda; TV, Digital, Social channels, and bring the learning to optimize and identify new opportunities to engage with audiences
- Champion brand equity
- Understand the market (especially the value tier) to bring forth and pursue untapped opportunities across both brands
- Co-lead the Consumer Connectedness program for full US Hair team spearheading the charge to “get on the frontline”
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in marketing, consumer market insights, innovation, entrepreneurism, professional consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration, communication and presentation skills. You should have a founder’s mentality and bias for action in speed and simplification to embrace new disruptive innovation ideas that transform the business and unlock growth opportunities
- A keen ability to advise the business on brand vision, growth/innovation strategies, portfolio strategies, advertising/communication strategies and brands’ position in-market
- Prior exposure to and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and how to apply them to brand innovation and engagement projects (highly preferred)
- Flexibility and adaptability in an unstructured environment
- Personal passion for innovations and trends
- Expert influencing skills to be able to partner directly with various stakeholders
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us