Job Title: Assistant to General Manager / President, Americas – Tea Division
Job Type: Fulltime
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained. The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
In this role you will provide a pro-active and high-level business support to the President/General Manager Tea Americas. In this busy and demanding environment, a top level of service is required at all times. This role requires an Assistant who is a self-starter with attention to detail, who can interact regularly with a solid network both inside the business and externally. You must be capable of managing your own time flexibly and effectively, juggling day to day tasks as well as proactively spot opportunities to add value to the business.
- Complicated calendar and schedule management – arrange meetings on a daily basis, both virtual and in person and reschedule if needed
- Screening, redirecting and responding to e-mails as appropriate. This may include typing general email correspondence and reports
- Organization of international and local travel, including preparations of itineraries, visa applications, together with the management of out-of-office requirements
- Organizing local and international meetings on site or offsite, including coordination of country visits and Leadership Team meetings. This may include visitor management, catering, etc.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, (PowerBI) reports and materials for meetings
- Liaison with internal customers and external contacts – developing knowledge of key individuals, including Assistant Network
- Proactively tackling issues related to administrative processes to ensure speed and efficiency, improving them for the leader and Unilever as a whole
- Processing expenses and invoices using relevant systems
- Responding to queries and requests for information from Unilever Execs, Business Partners, Regions, Categories on an ad hoc basis based on priorities set together with the leader
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces: Internal & external network of the President/GM Americas including suppliers, customers, etc.| Americas Leadership Team | Global Functional Leaders
What You Need To Succeed
- Purpose and Service: Assistant knows her purpose and actively uses it to shape own role and tasks. Assistant contributes to USLP in day to day work.
- Personal Mastery: Assistant takes the lead in her own wellbeing. Assistant asks for and works on feedback, is able to say no in a cooperative way. Assistant sets high standards for own work
- Agility: Assistant invests time in learning and is curious to new things. Assistant is flexible to what the situation asks of her. Assistants always searches for ways to make own work and work of team better and more efficient
- Business Acumen: Assistant understands goals and ambitions of leaders and business unit she works in. Assistant is proactive in spotting opportunities how to drive value for Unilever. Assistant is actively experimenting, trying out new things and brings the outside in.
- Talent Catalyst: Assistant plays a key role in inclusive team culture. Assistant coaches and supports others to improve. Assistant is a “spider in the web” connecting across different teams in Unilever.
- Consumer Love: Assistant is curious to learn about the background of the needs of her consumer. Assistant always looks for better ways to serve.
- Passion for High Performance: Assistant has an owner’s mindset, using data and insights to make decisions. Assistant takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results
- Previous experience working as an Assistant required, preferably in a regional or global organization
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to prioritize tasks of high complexity and build relationships with an international network and key stakeholders across different levels in- and outside of the organization
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and building collaboration with people from different cultures around the world
- Experience in managing office processes are important and where necessary, developing new approaches to meeting changing needs
- Experience with various Microsoft applications and tools including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, budget management tools and ability to quickly acquire new IT skills to utilize key company software and systems
- Flexible, have a high degree of maturity, self-confidence and enthusiasm with strong interpersonal skills. Accuracy and speed are essential
- Trustworthy and sensitive when exposed to confidential information
Who we are looking for
The qualities we look for in you
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us