Background & Purpose of the Job
The Category Strategy & Analytics Lead – Amazon is responsible for understanding category, competitive, and platform dynamics at Amazon and making recommendations that drive category growth and Unilever’s role within it.
- Partner with the Customer Development Director and team, the Customer, and cross-functional partners to identify the highest value areas to drive Unilever leadership of category growth – engaging with the customer where it makes sense across Dotcom, Fresh and Stores, and working with the sales team, data providers and other internal partners to drive growth and improve the shopper experience
- Infuse your knowledge and expertise of Amazon platform user experience (UX), drivers of the Flywheel, and the algorithms into business decision-making
- Work with internal partner teams and data providers (OCR/EDGE, Vendor Central, internal data sources) to build a holistic view of the category and Unilever’s performance within it. Become an expert on the category trends, growth drivers, and key competitive activity inclusive of 1P Retail and 3P Marketplace and develop and share insights to inform decisions that drive growth
- Understand category growth strategy for key platforms, consider the retailer profitability model, and make recommendations to the sales team and internal partners on assortment including packs and innovation strategy
- Leverage your understanding of Amazon UX and category purchase drivers to help the team optimize category tagging, attributes, facets/filters and variations
- Manage and coach the Category Strategy Manager as he/she partners with Amazon Fresh/Stores to develop recommendations for Stores
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in consumer packaged goods or retail industry, including roles in category management and sales
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic and conversion drivers, search, the consumer’s path to purchase journey and omnichannel retailer models
- Must have the ability to adapt strategies to take advantage of changing consumer and marketplace dynamics through effective use of data and insights
- Ability to develop, maintain and grow professional relationships, with trust at the core, among Unilever and Amazon personnel across multiple disciplines
- Team commitment – highly motivated – brings fun to work
- Creativity, confidence and conviction
- Analytical and technological aptitudes
- Experience with/exposure to: application and consumption of consumer and shopper insights, IRI/EDGE Suite, point of sale and transaction data, ProSpace, MS Office Suite
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us