Internal Audit's mission is to provide high quality, insightful and timely reassurance to the leadership of Unilever on the risks that could impact Unilever's vision to be the leader in sustainable business.
Audits help the organization achieve its objectives by promoting accountability and better decision-making. They provide reasonable assurance that resources are safeguarded, operations are cost-effectively managed, internal policies and procedures and external regulations are complied with, financial and operational information are reliable, and operational objectives are accomplished.
In a team environment, the Internal Auditor supports the Senior Management in achieving the organization's objectives. This person works within the team in identifying risks that hinder achievement of organization's objectives; assessing the adequacy of internal control system to reduce identified risks; and recommending appropriate internal control system to efficiently reduce associated risks.
Main Purpose of the Job
This person is responsible for assigned work (audits, financial management reviews or special projects), performing fieldwork and reporting results of fieldwork and will be under the direct supervision of the Control Operations Manager. As an auditor, this person is responsible for evaluating internal control system, recommending improvements to internal control system, and investigating the impact of fraud.
- Develop, prepare, and report the key risk indicators for the business and entity
- Contribute to the design and development of robust, progressive compliance, risk management and fraud prevention initiatives
- Assist and develop rigorous standards around all areas of risk management, which will include training, continuous assessment, testing and performance reporting to the business executive and risk committee
- Follow up and track actions arising from risk monitoring and risk assessments
- Support Corporate Audit, SOX Audit (FCA), Statutory audit and track follow up actions
- Deliver adhoc risk assessments (e.g. significant process change, projects) and regular risk controls monitoring
- Internal audits for compliance testing at business request
- Perform diagnostic analyses of significant operating risk & Controls
- Re-assurance of business unit’s compliance to Global Financial Control Framework Controls
- Participate to Control Health Indicators (CHI) meetings actively and provide expertise & support when needed by controllers.
- Drive compliance in Access Controls, acting as Access Risk Managers for specified geography
- Meet Regional Milestones for delivering FCA assignment
- Implement SOA & Process design for new business apps at business request
- Support Business Integrity Officer (BIO) for Business Integrity cases
- Support Controller to maintain an updated Business Risk matrix
- Carry out Information Protection Network (IPN) activities to increase the awareness about IT and System security.
- Perform duties of BISO (Business Information Security Officer) for the geography.
- Support Value Protection Agenda of the business unit
- Training and creating awareness of Control frameworks in business & finance teams to improve controls environment in the business unit
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field.
- 2-3 year work experience in business-related field (e.g. audit, accounting, financial analysis, information systems)
- Must be able to work independently
- Financial audit experience is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Turkish and English
- Good presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of internal control system and risk management
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Good SAP user knowledge
- Familiar with SAP Configuration controls
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us