Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire an Asst. R&D Manager - Quality in Design Specialist based in Bangalore
Unilever is setting up a separate entity for its Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Its tea brands, estates and all geographies (other than India and Indonesia) will be part of the standalone entity - Tea Company.
With generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, Tea company is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. Tea company will be the largest Tea entity in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of our business, our brands and culture, enabling simple and agile decision making, an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for our consumers.
The Quality in Design Specialist will be a key role within TeaCo with the following main responsibilities:
- Support activation of functional excellence in Innovation framework
- Support key projects and programmes with tools and expertise to deliver right first-time products
- Update key aspects of relevant GMPs
- Work with 3party entities for design and commercialization of new products
Main Accountabilities and key tasks
- Champions risk assessment process and proactively screen innovation/VIP programmes to drive continuous improvements
- Support implementation of Functional Excellence framework for Innovation
- Identifies areas of improvement for product quality based on post launch reviews and consumer data
- Collaborates with Quality Control and Assurance functions as member of Community of Practice for Quality
- Supports awareness and training of relevant TeaCo personnel with respect to quality in design
- Reports into Global Quality Manager
- Supports global capability and cluster teams
- Works with cross-functional teams and functional leads to effectively support projects (Marketing, SC, Legal & External Affairs)
- Member of Quality Community of Practice
Critical Success Factors of the Job
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree, M.S or Ph.D. in Food Science, Biological Science, or Chemistry or equivalent
- Experience: Experience working in a FMCG environment, in active collaboration with R&D and non-R&D functions as well as 3rd parties
Any other critical personal characteristics
- We are looking for people with the right attitude, mindset and competencies.
- You fit easily in a multi-cultural and multi-functional team
- You are quick learner, not afraid to take the initiative and be proactive to get things done
- You are eager to deliver your professional input to the team in a clear and timely manner
- You have shown to understand the FMCG environment and the role of R&D
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us