Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution are our DIGITAL HUBS – where our marketers come to work with a range of specialists to deliver data-driven marketing at scale.
Data Driven Marketing at Unilever does not mean creating niche, highly-targeted activities. Rather, it is the delivery of mass personalised communications, using multiple messages to increase relevance and impact amongst various sub-segments. It is founded on each market having a clear data strategy, with each brand having a clear audience segmentation strategy, and these being used to inform the creation of programmatic media campaigns with highly relevant and effective creative assets. Activities will be key drivers of data acquisition and eCommerce growth, while also re-invigorating brands’ equity. Over time this will lead to an increased emphasis on performance marketing and may -in some cases – lead to one-to-one marketing.
DIGITAL HUBS bring together a range of internal and external specialists, covering People Data Centre (PDC) – People Relationship Marketing and data analytics, media planning and programmatic buying, e-Commerce, social media and social listening, Community management, as well as asset creation via our own U-Studio as well as ad agencies and other content partners. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
About the role
The DDM Measurement & 1:1 Optimisation Specialist is responsible for supporting brand teams in the definition and implementation of measurement strategies, producing meaningful marketing KPI insights and delivering frequent, cross-channel performance reports with actionable insights. The role will also involve conducting and advising on web conversion optimisation and web personalisation. The successful candidate will not necessarily come from a pure web analytics background but will have an excellent, in-depth level of knowledge of digital marketing, along with experience in strategic and analytical management of digital campaigns.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Measure marketing effectiveness and value of media and web personalisation campaigns, and present actionable insights and recommendations based on data results and best practices
- Creation of personalised experiences for selected audiences within Adobe Target > later Q2 or Q3
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights on cross-channel campaigns and brand performance, often making recommendations for adjustment to marketing campaigns in-flight
- Build custom analytics dashboards and reports that can effectively present digitalperformance to the appropriate audiences
- Advise marketing & media teams on audience selection for campaign optimisation and web personalisation
- Support brand & media teams in the development of measurementplans for campaigns, audiences and A/B testing
- Construct test & learn marketing activity and analyze results for presentation to stakeholders
- Work with the DMP consultant to brief appropriate audience selections for Media and web personalization campaigns > later Q2 or Q3
- Leveragedata to gain insight into trends, user experience and behaviour in order to drive the appropriate digital marketing, mobile and social strategies
- Data analysis of ad hoc requests
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Suggest experience optimisation for specific audiences (i.e. serving different content variations per audience to see what works best)
- Ensuring standardisation, quality and best practices in analysis and reporting
- Primary delivery responsibility to local marketing and media teams
- Deliver multiple projects simultaneously; time and resource is managed by PDC Digital Hub Lead
- Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are delivered on-time and in line with internal customer requirements
Skills and Experience
- Primary Traits (‘required’)
- Has 3+ years of experience in marketing analytics
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of standard campaign reporting schedules
- Knowledge of how segmentation is applied in practice within data driven marketing environments
- Experience in working within a marketing/business intelligence environment
- Experience in data analysis techniques
- Ability to use data visualisation techniques to tell a story and be able to articulate findings to senior business stakeholders
- Experience working with reporting, analysis and visualisation software (eg Tableau), including Adobe Analytics
- Advanced Excel user
- Experience working with website optimisation tools for A/B and multivariate testing, including Adobe Target
- Experience in measuring and analysing online marketing campaigns including: natural and paid search, email, affiliate, display and social
- Experience driving business value from consumer insight
- Experience introducing new (digital) services or capabilities at a major organisation
- Passion for the digital world and its implications for business
- Logical thinker with ‘data mindset’
- Self-driven and motivated to add value to the team
- Experience in working in teams yet autonomous able to work with high levels of trust
- Passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business
Unilever est une entreprise engagée en faveur de l’équité, de l’inclusion et de la diversité. Chaque jour, nous construisons un avenir meilleur pour nos employés, nos consommateurs du monde entier et nos communautés.
Nous sommes persuadés qu’avoir des équipes variées nous permet de répondre à nos ambitions de croissance et d’encourager l’inclusion au sein de l’entreprise. Chez Unilever, nous voulons que chacun apporte son individualité, vous en faites partie ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accompagnement spécifique, faites le remonter afin que nous puissions vous accompagner tout au long de votre processus de recrutement.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us