About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Herbals, Infusion & Extracts – Tea Division
Job Type: Fulltime
Travel required: 20% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
Execute the Global Raw Materials (other than leaf tea) strategy within Procurement. Work with Markets for communicating and executing the strategy with and for each market. Execute the strategy delivering the most competitive and differentiating value chain for Business together with our Suppliers and internal colleagues. Value covers all elements including cost competitiveness, innovation, quality and service and sustainability. Identify and leverage key technologies to transform the value chain to meet the future needs of Tea Business.
- Executing actions for Integrating global / regional sourcing strategies with business and portfolio demands, ensuring timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional strategy and projects in the clusters
- Support Global Innovation & Sustainability programs for Herbals, Infusion & Extracts Materials
- Work with the Markets to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs. Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
- Work within and always ensure compliance to defined Procurement procedures and adhere to the Code of Business Principles.
- Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Procurement)
- Supplier Relationship Management and negotiate value driven agreements that are in line with defined commercial and legal requirements and subsequently manage the supplier relationships/SLA’s along with key stakeholders
- Implement actions for executing global strategies for and with the markets. Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Tea Business strategy, specifically focusing on Sustainability
- Work with Cross Functional team to implementing sourcing strategy and strategic contracts are in place for the portfolios.
- Implementation of Strategic sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
- Work with R&D teams to deliver the next generation of Herbals, Infusion & Extracts Materials by creating and executing the technology and innovation agenda
- Support Procurement & Other Cross Functional leads by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required.
- Build and develop key Strategic & Local supplier relationships, focus on value, innovation, sustainability and growth roadmaps including bespoke transformational global initiatives such as dedicated supplier hubs
- Maintain frequent engagement with strategic, global & Local suppliers and key Unilever stakeholders, to review/resolve relationship issues and develop future business opportunities (inline with relevant PTW/JBDP programs)
- Lead negotiations on contract, innovation & operating issues with suppliers
- Work with the Legal teams to finalise global commercial agreements using contractual operating framework of UPAs/STCs etc
- Work with key internal stakeholders in the markets and at a global category teams to initiate actions for executing strategy
- Work with R&D to develop optimised and harmonised specifications within a framework of functional specifications in line with the business requirements and set category strategies
- Drive Sustainability initiatives and actions within the portfolio
- Drive new technologies and concepts from Packaging Portfolio into Tea Business i.e. new print technologies & colour optimisation
- Proactively identify and deliver Savings and/or Cash in line with set targets. Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
- Identify, implement and record Value Improvement Programs (VIP) together with the market teams – lead global deployment of opportunities and support market execution
- Manage and coordinate global savings delivery inline with global and market targets, supporting markets to meet Savings Targets.
Who we are looking for:
- Procurement professional (CIPS or equivalent)
- Self-starter & independent operator
- Bias for action and strong executor
- Strong in holding people accountable
- Change management
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Concentration in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement or supply chain
- Experience in supply and portfolio strategy development
- Experience in working in a virtual team and regional/global scope
- Experience in leading a team and people management
- Experience in change management projects
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us