About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager – Logistics – Tea Division
Job Type: Full-time
Travel required: >10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
The Logistics Procurement Manager role holds the responsibility for Transportation, Warehousing and repacking Procurement business partnering the Supply Chain organization. This includes managing both external 3PL partners and the Tea logistics operations team to support the growth ambition while considering external commitments. The Manager will build market knowledge on trends, market capabilities, strategy shifts, geo-political influences to provide market insight to internal stakeholders and support strategic decision (brining the outside in). This is an exciting and dynamic role reporting to HOP Logistics
- Roll-out global sourcing strategies locally
- Work closely with 3PL partners, Logistics Operations, and other Supply chain functional stakeholders.
- In charge of E2E process from internal needs understanding, through definition and implementation of the right tools & strategy, to contract discussion and signing.
- Build market intelligence to understand inflation development and potential new service providers/technologies that could help extra capacity creation in the business.
- Support logistics network redesign projects and scout for new suppliers that are fit for purpose and in line with the Supply Chain strategy
- Business partnering with Supply chain team in the markets to deliver projects to achieve cost and service level targets and Support benchmark activities
- Support preparing negotiation strategy and manage negotiations jointly with the SC team
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying for example smart buying tools
- Owning procurement fundamentals for spend responsibility areas i.e. master data, stakeholder management, savings, KPI reporting, contracts, creating playbooks, implementation of digital solutions and technology enablers etc.
- Annual Business Plan Development Partnering with Finance & Global Teams.
- Implement & optimize projects in cooperation with SC teams such as Logistics procurement digitalization agenda.
- Key point of contact for cross functional teams such as legal, Finance, CD etc. as projects require for resolving all Logistics Procurement business issues with supply chain inputs/impacts
- Ensure a safety culture for all supply chain people
Who we are looking for:
- Drive for continuous improvement through applied market knowledge, supplier development and external/internal stakeholder’s management as well as SC E2E understanding
- Must be an articulate communicator (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills (creation and delivery)
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders (people skills)
- Show passion and practical creativity
- Ability to take initiative
- Highly competent in Power BI, MS Excel and office
- A good understanding of financial related data
- Ability to analyse, interpret data
- Experience in supporting the development of strategies
- Negotiation experience
- Well organised, capable of managing and prioritising across projects with a thorough approach to workload management
- Be able to demonstrate influencing skills
- Experience in business partnering
- Problem solving skills to analyse and evaluate information and interpret opportunities
- Curiosity to use, or suggest adaptions to, new technology
- Ability to take ownership of and run projects. (Project management skills)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Concentration in Business, procurement, or supply chain preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement or supply chain
- Experience in supplier or customer relationship management
- Experience in supporting and /or managing complex projects
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Prefer experience in Procurement or Supply Chain with Logistics experience being a plus
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us