About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
The Packaging Procurement Manager will lead execution of the Global Packaging Strategy delivering Competitive and differentiating value chain for the Tea Business together with our Suppliers and Internal Stakeholders.
Value covers all elements including cost competitiveness, innovation, quality & service and sustainability. Identify and leverage key technologies to transform the value chain to meet the future needs of Packaging.
- Roll-out global sourcing strategies locally
- Support Global Innovation & Sustainability programs for Packaging
- Work with the Markets to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs. Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
- Work closely with Supply Partners to ensure compliance to defined Procurement procedures and adhere to the Code of Business Principles
- Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Procurement)
- Support the team to drive convertor strategies for and with the markets. Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Tea Business strategy, specifically focusing on Sustainability
- Work with Cross Functional team to implement the sourcing strategy and execute local contracts are in place for the portfolios.
- Implementation of Local sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
- Work with R&D teams to deliver the next generation of Packaging by creating and executing the technology and innovation agenda
- Support Procurement & Other Cross Functional teams by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required.
- Build and develop Local supplier relationships, focus on value, innovation, sustainability and growth roadmaps including bespoke transformational global initiatives such as dedicated supplier hubs
- Maintain frequent engagement with strategic and Local suppliers and key Business stakeholders, to review/resolve relationship issues and develop future business opportunities (inline with relevant PWP /JBDP programs)
- Work with the Legal Counsel to finalise commercial agreements using relevant contractual operating framework of UPAs/STCs etc
- Work on programs for Margin Improvement (Net Material Impact) for the Tea Business
- Create actions to deliver Savings and/or Cash in line with set targets. Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
- Identify, implement and record Value Improvement Programs (VIP) together with the other market teams – lead deployment of opportunities and market executions
Who we are looking for:
- Drive for continuous improvement through applied market knowledge, supplier development and external/internal stakeholder’s management as well as SC E2E understanding
- Must be an articulate communicator (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills (creation and delivery)
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders (people skills)
- Show passion and practical creativity
- Ability to take initiative
- Highly competent in Power BI, MS Excel and office
- A good understanding of financial related data
- Ability to analyze, interpret data
- Experience in supporting the development of strategies
- Negotiation experience
- Well organized, capable of managing and prioritizing across projects with a thorough approach to workload management
- Be able to demonstrate influencing skills
- Experience in business partnering
- Problem solving skills to analyze and evaluate information and interpret opportunities
- Curiosity to use, or suggest adaptions to, new technology
- Ability to take ownership of and run projects. (Project management skills)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Concentration in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement or supply chain; Logistics experience huge plus
- Experience in supplier or customer relationship management
- Experience in supporting and /or managing complex projects
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us