Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever, we believe passionately in a purpose-driven business. And our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. Working at Unilever as an Associate Brand Manager means you are joining a world-class marketing organization that has produced many of the world’s most beloved brands – brands with a purpose. We are looking for individuals who believe in this vision, and who are capable of crafting strategy, owning a P&L, implementing fully integrated brand mixes, and leading cross-functional teams in launching new products to market, among other tasks.
Face Care is the biggest Beauty & Personal Care (BPC) category globally with +4.9% CAGR expected from 2020-2024. It is also the largest in the US, contributing to $17B to the total BPC and growing at 7.5% in 2020*. Unilever is the 4th biggest player in US Face IRI channels. The portfolio is currently undergoing some portfolio transformations to catch up with category growth, through focused supports on its Core business and unlocking opportunities in high growth white space of melanin-rich skin & masstige.
The world is browning; 40% of Americans today are people of color with spending power estimated about $3.9T. It is the fastest growing demographic, with black & brown skin projected to be the eventual majority. This position is for an exciting role on the Multicultural Face portfolio, consisting of our biggest brand Pond’s and 2 new Face brands, MELĒ Skincare & AHC (Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics), to unlock tremendous growth opportunities with multicultural consumers.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Reporting to Senior Brand Manager of Facial Skincare, you will manage the day-to-day operations for the brands to deliver business results and help develop a multicultural strategy. You should have passion for face care, particularly in multicultural, and curiosity to experiment new ideas or ways of working to unlock growth opportunities. Your responsibilities include, but not limiting to:
- Accountable for Marketing Performance Management of Pond’s, MELĒ and AHC – develop & execute annual marketing plans (incl. media, PR, social, influencer & shopper programs), P&L management, monthly forecasting and budgeting, agency relationship management, POS tracking, and competitor monitoring
- Direct responsibility & ownership of respective brands’ social channels – work closely with the brands’ social agency & cross-functional team to develop & execute social strategy, monthly content calendar, social activations and community building
- Collaborate with Global counterpart and participate in Innovation Project Management meeting to ensure on-time, in-full launch of new innovations
- Work closely with Customer Development team, eComm and Shopper Marketing to implement aligned in-store & lower funnel activities
- Analyze data to uncover powerful insights and growth opportunities for the responsible brands, driving insights into action
- Lead special packs and display programs for flawless in-store execution
- Support Sr. Brand Manager on MELĒ purpose initiatives
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in brand marketing or management required. Experience in beauty/personal care preferred
- Knowledge in multicultural marketing, particularly in beauty/personal care, is preferred
- Proven ability to demonstrate analytical thinking, data-driven decision making, and forecasting experience required
- Passion to win, analytical, action-oriented, collaborative, entrepreneurial and a can-do attitude
- Communications, corporate social responsibility, non-profit, or consumer goods experience preferred
- Understanding of the US retail environment, direct retail customer experience and digital marketing and/or branding experience preferred
- High comfort level using IRI/Nielsen (POS data) and Numerator (panel data)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us