On any given day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – Giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. With world- leading brands which include Dove, Rexona, Lipton, OMO and Streets to name a few.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
The Process Safety Engineer will manage the day to day operation and upkeep of the Minto Facility, its management systems and equipment. You are responsible for ensuring services are delivered by a range of subcontractors and Unilever trade employees and executing the delivery of the capital at an operational level.
As the Process Safety Engineer, you will develop and drive the SHE strategic direction for the site and work with other departments on delivering safe and environmentally sustainable outcomes through partnering with the business. This role is based in Minto.
- Ensure safe operation and maintenance of all plant utilities
- Manage maintenance of buildings and utilities to ensure compliance to corporate and legislative standards
- Manage and lead refrigeration trades staff. Manage services area contractors.
- Manage maintenance costs to pre-set budget levels.
- Develop, maintain and execute the preventative maintenance strategy for utilities
- Safe operation and maintenance of all plant utilities (refrigeration, compressed air, water, wastewater, power, gas, steam, plant IT infrastructure)
- 100% up-time for all plant utilities
- Compliance with local regulations and Unilever standards
- Manage environmental safety services as required by Unilever standards
What we need from you:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or similar demonstrated experience
- Understanding and passion for SHE
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and the relevant process safety
- Track record in leading improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple competing stakeholder demands in a time critical environment
- Ability to influence across multiple levels
Highly regarded skill-set:
- Knowledge of HVAC, irrigation, lighting and air-conditioning systems (ammonia refrigeration experience)
- Experience in a GMP environment
- Strong computer skills
- Experience working with contractors
At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our household brands, which span Home Care, Personal Care, Refreshments and Food, we are creating a bright future for our business and our planet – and you can be part of it. We encourage candidates from environmental, manufacturing, facilities management and utilities industries to apply!
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us