We’re a global business, building diverse brands and touching lives all over the world with our products. But that doesn’t stop us caring as much about the sustainability of our business as we do the success of our brands and our people. Together we can feel good about the work we do every day.
As the QA – Coordinator you will provide quality incident support and response to assigned lines/areas in a clear and timely manner, ensuring any potential breaches to standards or non-conformant trends are effectively managed or escalated. Communicate with the internal team and cross functional stakeholders on incident management. You will also lead or participate in investigations and Root Cause Analyses for deviations as required. This is a 3 day a week opportunity based in Minto.
- Execute, and conduct scheduled internal audits, raises and manages ensuing corrective action requests. Execute and conduct scheduled site GMP audits, raises and manages ensuing corrective action requests
Innovation/Transformation Activity Quality Deployment
- Leads and actively participates in innovation activities and site transformation activities
- Conducts and provides input into process and technical risk assessments (including HACCP plans and design HACCP plans), channels information on new risks flagged back into Quality
Implement New Quality Systems Requirements
- Where there are changes involving local regulatory requirements, Unilever Standards, Customer standards, GFSI certification requirements, lead in gap assessment, escalate gaps to direct manager to enable delegation to cross functional team and drive action closure
- Take ownership of safety for self and others, having unscheduled discussions with team to drive safe working mindset on good behaviours and practices, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions
- Providing feedback to appropriate staff and raising necessary actions for the closure of safety gaps found
Soft skills required/ Key behavioral enablers of success
- Strong technical Quality Systems and IC Category knowledge
- Risk based approach, pragmatic – assessments are based on science and sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements, category specific technical expertise, Q&FS management systems, Unilever Standards, customer standards and GFSI certification requirements
- Good communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Broad/deep quality systems experience
- Adaptive, can apply and adjust theory/technical knowledge to meet business needs whilst manages and mitigates risk effectively
- Strong understanding of business context and prioritisation, develops good cross functional and external relationships
- Autonomous and decisive
Skills and experience:
- University degree in Sciences
- Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or Food Processing Degree
- Recognized certification in application of HACCP and internal food safety auditing
- Experience in FSSC, ISO 22000 auditing/ BRC/SQF
- Experience in Quality Assurance in Food or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Technical knowledge of dairy processing or other high-risk food categories
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us