Location: Rogers, AR
Background & Purpose of the Job:
The Walmart Category Strategy Manager delivers objective strategic thought leadership and insights to drive solutions that accelerate growth for Walmart. You will partner at multiple levels within Walmart & Unilever to execute, plan, and coordinate best in class category strategies.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
You’re a story teller:You will have access to one of the industry’s most-robust data sources to turn insights into action by providing differentiated thought leadership delivered through simplified stories to gain acceptance and adoption of category strategies.
You’re a strategy specialist:You’re able to develop plans for execution and engagement with appropriate customer contact points, timing, & content based on industry research and Unilever knowledge
You’re a fortune teller / visionary / oracle:Figuring out problems with limited direction doesn’t faze you. You have the intuition to anticipate issues and opportunities by elevating analyses beyond reporting to develop and translate insight into retail action
You’re a dot connector:You will penetrate multiple cross-functionalteams and the customer to define priorities, objectives, and successfully influence actions plans, specific to Walmart’s business plans.
You’re an innovator:You have a healthy dissatisfaction for the status quo and through access to cutting edge capabilities and tools, you will set a constant eye on the future to garner insights and develop solutions that drive incremental growth for Walmart and Unilever.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 7years’ experience in Category Management, Insights, or Sales Strategy
- CPG experience required; Walmart experience strongly preferred
- Experience strategically penetrating, persuading, and influencing internal and external touchpoints through clear, cogent, and concise communication
- Expertise in linking analytics via traditional data sources with cutting edge capabilities and tools to develop planning insights into action
- Capability to develop strategy at both retailer and manufacturer level
- Strong understanding of marketing, sales, shopper insights, corporate strategy, and retailer strategy, operations, and planning
- Experience in assortment and merchandising theory and application
- Extensive knowledge of data sources (Nielsen, IRI, Household Panel, Loyalty Card Data)
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development| Culture for Growth| Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits| Every Voice Matters| Global Reach| Life at Unilever| Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs| Check Out Our Space| Focus On Sustainability
- Opportunity to work with iconic, global brands.
- Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure.
- Medical & Dental Plans.
- Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children.
- Health Care Flexible Spending.
- Dependent Care.
- 401k Savings Plans.
- Agile/ Flexible Work Arrangements.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us