On any given day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – Giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. With world- leading brands which include Dove, Rexona, Continental, OMO and Streets to name a few.
As the SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) Executive the purpose it to meet the Safety Health and Environment needs of Tatura employees on site. This includes improvements to SHE management systems, providing SHE leadership and practical support, and driving SHE improvement programs at site level.
Some of the key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Direct and co-ordinate the evolution and implementation of the SHE Management System for the site.
- Maintain the safety and health system to ensure compliance with company and relevant industry and legislative requirements.
- Develop, track and assist in the completion of site SHE Improvement Plans
- Drive continuous improvement to the physical environment, as well as the safety culture.
- Assist in the development of training needs and schedules
- Taking the lead role for site consultation structures and committees
- Facilitate and lead working groups to focus on health, safety and well-being programs.
- Coordinate site SHE communications including toolbox talks and team briefs.
- Be responsible for coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health & Safety programs and processes
- Conduct SHE Audits as necessary and oversee the site security program.
Manage the site’s workers compensation activities including:
- Return to Work Programs (which includes liaising with both internal and external parties)
- establishing and maintaining communications with injured employees and managing their rehabilitation
- Complete site SHE reports and conduct data analysis to inform SHE strategy
- Provide support, advice and coaching to all management and leadership teams in effective SHE management practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant knowledge gained through on-the-job learning, especially in the areas of OH&S systems management
- Cert IV in OH&S or higher qualification in a related field
- Return to Work qualifications and experience
- Strong working knowledge of national and state OH&S legislation and familiar with relevant Australian Standards relating to a Manufacturing Facility.
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- The ability to be able to work with a high degree of autonomy to use data to determine trends and action plans
- Previous experience with Manufacturing Unionized Workforces is highly desirable
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us