Role Title: Global Vaseline Engagement Senior Assistant CMI Manager, WL1D
Location: Mumbai HO, Reporting to Global Vaseline Sr Manager based in US
Background & Purpose of the Job
Do you want the great opportunity to work on a truly global and iconic brand with 150 years of heritage in skin care? Any interest in the fastest growing Skincare brand within Unilever? Then Vaseline is the place for you!
The consumer and market insight role on the Vaseline team provides critical strategic guidance, growth-focused innovation crafting, and communication development across three categories for Vaseline, Hand and Body Lotion, Petroleum Jelly and Lip Care. Vaseline is a team that highly values, trusts and seeks out the unique expertise CMI offers. You will have the opportunity to learn about consumers across a wide variety of markets, while focusing on South Asia. This role is focused on helping the team find growth opportunities, craft successful mixes and bring the voice of consumers into our marketing teams.
Vaseline is a place where purpose and growth are both important and you will have the chance to work on projects that have each at their heart.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As Global Vaseline Brand Engagement Sr. Assistant CMI Manager, you will lead a research agenda that is focused on uncovering growth opportunities for Vaseline within South Asia, including proactively bringing insights to help shape the Vaseline portfolio, market development strategy, communication development and white spaces for innovation.
- End to end management and landing of ad hoc custom research projects & analyses related to the development of Vaseline within the Skincare category in South Asia. Key focus will include market development (e.g. penetration building activities), identifying growth spaces, innovation (e.g. working in partnership with Innovation CMI leads), communication development and testing, brand health analyses, design for channel opportunities, and incorporate local shopper insights into mix development.
- Develop an intimate understanding of business KPI’s, working with panel, retail audit and brand tracking data.
- Connecting the Dots - derive insights from integration of different data sources.
- Closely collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders including local CMI, PDC, HIVE, Skincare Analytics team and global Skincare CMI team.
- Internal collaboration to uncover strategic and tactical opportunities for growth, to integrate campaign and media learnings into communication development, bring trends into the business, embed strategic understanding within the business, infuse deep cultural understanding into our team. Bring strong business partnering skills to influence decision making, and ensure the consumer at the heart of our initiatives.
- Incorporate strong story-telling in order to land insights and drive transformational action.
- Ensure digital mandatories and media golden rules are embedded in communication development.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload in partnership with your line manager.
- Accountable for inspiring research suppliers to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Min 5+ years experience agency and/or FMCG in the field of research and insights
- Expert on any of the three and some experience with the other two: Innovation, Communication Development and Testing, Brand Performance and Tracking.
- Strong communication and presenting skills
- Good understanding of market research fundamentals
- Strong business partnering and influencing skills
- Proven record of analyzing and synthesizing data and information from different sources, and opportunity spotting skills.
- Strong team player who can also manage projects independently with remote line manager, comfortable working with a highly global engagement team.
- Consumer Love – demonstrate a true curiosity around the consumer, putting the consumer and their needs at the heart of what we do, being the advocate to the consumer by bringing their voice to the business.
- Deep interest in human behaviour, psychology and neuroscience
Join us and create
A better business. A better world. A better you.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us