ABOUT UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL
Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing cluster that has more than tripled its size 6 years and has an ambition to become EUR 5bn by 2025? Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced, high growth environment? If so the Unilever Korea, Assistant Category Leader - Skin , is for you!
Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm. Our purpose is to ‘Serve the Underserved and Make a Difference’. We work as a ‘fully independent yet fully integrated Go-To-Market with various MCOs through hubs in US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand, we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever’s brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like Duty Free (66bn$ globally), E Commerce Seeding in China and India, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands.
Singapore is UI’s global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International’s success and this role will epitomise that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by:
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
ABOUT UNILEVER KOREA
Unilever Korea is one of the white space geographies managed by Unilever International, since 2015. It is a unique business unit of UI as it is the only Operating Company that is managed by UI end-to-end. Some key facts about this Opco:
Estimated 2021 Turnover: E 80 M
Number of Employees (including Contract-based): 110 employees
Number of Sites: Headquartered out of Seoul & Daejeon (SC, R&D)
Key Brands: Core Brands – Dove, Vaseline, Pond’s, Lipton, Magnum, Lipton, Vaseline
Future Core – B&J, Snuggle, Closeup, Seventh Generation, Knorr
Availability in Specific Channel : Lifebuoy, St.Ives, Clear, TRESemme, Sunsilk
Key Channels: Hyper, Super, Health & Beauty, Ecommerce, Horeca B2B & Exports
Innovations: Made-In-Korea Program – leveraging on 3P Manufacturers to develop and launch innovations with speed for both domestic and export markets
Starting Q4 2019, Unilever Korea is moving toward direct distribution by taking back the HPC distribution from YK business partner. The ambition is that the business will reach its first 100mil E by end of 2021 and 250mil E by 2025, to be No1 MNC in FMCG.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Assistant category leader of skin care will play a key and strategic role in the achievement of BPC, which is the biggest category for Unilever Korea. This role reports to skin care category leader and play a strategic role in opening new white space for Unilever in Korea and building new brands and enhancing the existing core in highly competitive market. Furthermore, this position will be a key hub to provide insights for cosmetics across local and Unilever International regions so that she/he can be crucial person in the know under Beauty & Personal care division. Relevant brands are such as Vaseline, Pond’s and St.Ives with upcoming new brands.
- Develop Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and marketing plan for BPC aligned with global strategy
- Assist in managing skin care brands and category P&L, understand drivers and identify issues, challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable growth
- Be brand guardian for responsible brands to drive brand growth in right way
- Initiate new product development thru finding white space insights from market, consumer and customer and propose to LT, cross-functional and global brand team
- Lead all NPD related briefing and give input related to NPD to innovation team
- Plan and execute skin care campaign
- Review effectiveness / outcomes of campaigns and monitor the performance
- Report issues/problems and come up with solutions/recommendations to improve effectiveness based on performance monitoring
- Support Innovation Process Management for responsible skin care brands
- Collaborate with agencies and cross functional teams to deliver on-time brand/product launch
- Develop and support integrated communication plan and track performance
- Manage financial status (Sales/Profit/A&P etc) for skin care & cleansing and address any identified or potential issue
-More than 5 years of marketing experience in FMCG
-Brand management experience required
-Fluent in English
-Cosmetic marketing experience preferred but not must
-Multi-national company experience preferred
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us