ABOUT UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL
Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing cluster that has more than tripled its size 6 years and has an ambition to become EUR 5bn by 2025? Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced, high growth environment? If so, this Unilever Korea position is for you!
Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm. Our purpose is to ‘Serve the Underserved and Make a Difference’. We work as a ‘fully independent yet fully integrated Go-To-Market with various MCOs through hubs in US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand, we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever’s brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like Duty Free (66bn$ globally), E Commerce Seeding in China and India, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands.
Singapore is UI’s global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International’s success and this role will epitomise that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by:
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
ABOUT UNILEVER KOREA
Unilever Korea is one of the white space geographies managed by Unilever International, since 2015. It is a unique business unit of UI as it is the only Operating Company that is managed by UI end-to-end. Some key facts about this Opco:
- Estimated 2021 Turnover: E 80 M
- Number of Employees (including Contract-based): 110 employees
- Number of Sites: Headquartered out of Seoul & Daejeon (SC, R&D)
- Key Brands: Core Brands – Dove, Vaseline, Pond’s, Lipton, Magnum, Lipton, Vaseline
- Future Core – B&J, Snuggle, Closeup, Seventh Generation, Knorr
- Availability in Specific Channel : Lifebuoy, St.Ives, Clear, TRESemme, Sunsilk
- Key Channels: Hyper, Super, Health & Beauty, Ecommerce, Horeca B2B & Exports
- Innovations: Made-In-Korea Program – leveraging on 3P Manufacturers to develop and launch innovations with speed for both domestic and export markets
Starting Q4 2019, Unilever Korea is moving toward direct distribution by taking back the HPC distribution from YK business partner. The ambition is that the business will reach its first 100mil E by end of 2021 and 250mil E by 2025, to be No1 MNC in FMCG.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for leading the overall supply planning function for Singapore based business verticals in Unilever International. Key job scope includes:
- Operational Supply Planning
- Capacity Interlocking to support business growth (both medium term and long term)
- Sourcing Network Optimization
- Inventory Planning
- Performance Management
Operational Supply Planning:
- Periodically liaise with sourcing units to review supply plans against confirmed customer orders.
- Consolidate supply plans from all sourcing units and share with customer service team.
- Identify short-term capacity issues and highlight the same to the business. Prepare contingency plans by offering products from alternate Sus.
- Loss Tree Analysis for all the non-supplied orders (e.g. forecast led loss, capacity led loss, material issues, etc.).
- KPI Review with the sourcing units at the end of each planning cycle (Service level, Supply plan compliance, Loss reasons, etc.)
- Feed supply plans and potential capacity issues to the demand planner to help in identifying the risks to the financial forecast as part of the S&OP cycle.
- Monitor and lead the offshore supply planning operations.
Capacity Interlocking to support business growth
- Interlock 0-24 months capacity (medium term) with the sourcing units and cluster product group supply chain basis forecast received from the S&OP cycle.
- Interlock 2-5 yrs capacity (long term) with the Global Supply Chain team.
- Identify UI driven CapEx requirements basis discussions with Global Supply Chain team and feedback the same to UI business and finance team for appropriate evaluation and underwriting.
Sourcing Network Optimization
- Sign off the UI sourcing strategy with the global supply chain team.
- Work with UI finance and Global Supply Chain teams to identify opportunities for sourcing network optimization basis predefined selection criteria (service, cost, etc)
- Drive supply chain cost reduction through sourcing network optimization.
- Define the planning strategies at a ‘Customer–Sourcing Unit–SKU’ combination basis forecast and service criteria (Make to Forecast vs. Make to Order).
- Define stock holding principles for the Make to Forecast SKUs clearly categorizing the stock holding into relevant buckets (safety stock, cycle stock, buffer, etc.)
- Define stock replenishment guidelines and ordering frequency based on different planning cycles for each sourcing unit.
- Monitor DOH (Days On Hand) against target and identify improvement opportunities.
- SLOB management: Highlight slow moving and non-moving stocks to the business to take appropriate actions for disposal.
- Define and measure performance metrics for measuring effectiveness of the supply planning function.
- Service Level by SU
- Supply Plan Compliance
- Supply Loss Tree
- % of Capacity Interlocked vs. Forecast
- DOH (Days on Hand)
- Slow Moving Non Moving as % of total Stocks
- FG write off
- Supply Chain Cost improvement through Sourcing Network Optimization
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain.
Candidates with APICS certification.
- 4 to 5 yrs experience in Supply Chain out of which at least 2 yrs in supply planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Sourcing Units
- UI Supply Chain Team (Demand Planner & Customer Service teams)
- Category Supply Chain team (global and clusters)
Business (CD, Marketing, Finance, etc.)
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us