Main Job Purpose
This role is based within SEAA Homecare CDC team and will be responsible for managing and deliver packaging solution for SEAA Homecare U-Pro programs (priority on TH,MY,SG,PH and AU) This person will be responsible to provide/deliver superior packaging innovations, value (cost) efficient packaging solutions & driving the Unilever packaging sustainability solution improving SEAA U-Pro packaging footprint.
- To develop and progress packaging solutions on SEAA Homecare U-Pro projects, ensuring packaging is fit for purpose as well as delivering innovative solutions which delight consumers & in line with UL sustainable ambition.
- He/she will be working on: Scoping (help to set up solid plans & packaging action standards) of packaging solutions, establish and follow project schedules, implement packaging design solutions in sourcing units and co packers/3PM manufacturing, execute & validate of new packaging component, develop primary and secondary packaging based on existing concept, and liaise with selected suppliers in development and project work,
- He/she will work in multi-cultural & functional teams (with other R&D functions, but also with U-Pro Marketing, Factories, Supply Chain Procurement and other associated functions).
- He/she will work closely and develop strong external eco-system with suppliers and 3PM manufacturing and packaging industry experts.
- Prepare and develop supplier technical brief where required, working closely with supplier. Ensure new packaging are sufficiently validated through appropriate testing protocol, develop new ones if necessary. He / She must have ability to interpreted and act on the result to draw right conclusions and make appropriate recommendation to U-Pro business team.
- Good understanding & experience on the following – 1UPP (Unilever Packaging Process), Packaging specification Management in AWS, Artwork management via BLUE, Risk management, SHE and QA policies.
4-5 years experiences in the area of Packaging development for Home and Personal Care. Working knowledge in plastic packaging (flexible and rigid packaging). Working knowledge in laboratory analysis for packaging validations. Knowledge /experience with PCR and/or recycling technology is an advantage
Skill & Competencies
- Good communication skill and teamwork
- Holding people accountable
- Strategic influencing
- Negotiation skill
- Business partner mindset
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us