About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Job Title: Associate Brand Manager, Lipton Operations – Tea Division
Job Type: Fulltime
Tea Company Mission
Prosperity for everyone connected to our business and greater value for our consumers, our communities, our climate and our company.
CONSUMER: We will become the universal beverage of choice: picking, creating and serving only the tastiest plant based beverages that delight consumers and enrich their physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
CLIMATE: We have a deep and enduring connection to the land and the communities in which we do business. we shall lead the way and create a net positive by giving back to nature much more than nature is giving us.
COMMUNITY: We will ensure growth for all by delivering more value per cup and share that growth amongst growers, blenders, customers, employees, and shareholders.
Purpose of the Job
The Lipton Operations marketing team is looking for an outstanding candidate to help build and activate marketing programs and drive brand performance on our Core leaf and powdered tea portfolios. With more than 130 years of experience, Lipton is one of the world’s great refreshment brands, with tea-based drinks including tea, infusions, and ready-to drink iced tea. This role will be part of the U.S. Marketing Operations team responsible for delivering 2021/2022 results and building 2022 marketing programs. There will be unique opportunities to help bring 2021-22 innovations to market from day one.
The role will require strong analytical and creative thinking skills to manage, nurture and grow the Lipton Tea business. The ideal candidate demonstrates a passion for marketing and an openness to trying new things. Experiences working in data analysis, cross-functional teams, Omni channel media, sales planning, and budget management will be valued. The team is fun and has a glass half full attitude. The ideal candidate will also exhibit that positive attitude.
Partner with the Lipton Marketing and Customer Development team to drive performance in-market:
- Develop and launch high-impact marketing plans for Lipton in 2022
- Translate shopper insights into channel strategies and actionable plans for our portfolio
- Track in-market performance and formulate course corrective activity to outwit competition
- Work closely with Customer & Channel Development team to successfully deliver new innovations in store
- Steward Lipton P&L, including monthly forecasting and budget management
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Demonstrates a strong growth and competitive mindset, along with willingness to “roll up his/her sleeves”
You’re a paradox navigator: Ability to think strategically and brings results in a fast-changing business environment
You’re a strategy guru:Ability to build winning plans and project manage across multiple timelines and priorities
You’re a culture & change champion: Self-starter who brings a collaborative approach to team work with experience in working on cross-functional teams
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years in Marketing, customer or sales related experience is valued
- Experience within the beverages/ tea category beneficial. Enthusiasm for Purpose driven marketing (specifically around wellness) and a dedication to sustainability and the planet also a plus.
- Understanding of digital and e-commerce landscape
- Clear demonstration of project management & leadership skills
- Strong Bias for Action & Accountability both for self and others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skills to dig into the details and a capacity for deriving insights to ultimately make recommendations for the business
- A keen knowledge of media channels and activities and best practice planning and execution.
- A Passion for Consumers and Shopper Understanding.
- A balance of art & science – ability to think creatively & strategically, with strong business mindset.
- A Problem Solving mindset and willingness to challenge the established norms.
- Comfortable with using data throughout aspects of the role, turning consumer and social insights into strategic thinking.
- Passion for big iconic brands and desire to leave a mark.
- Highly organized; able to multi-task and communicate with numerous touch points including cross functional partners, external agencies and potential non profit organizations.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us