YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST YOUR JOB TITLE. MORE THAN JUST NUMBERS AND LETTERS ON YOUR CV. AND WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A COMPANY. SO WHY DON’T WE TEAM UP AND ACHIEVE EVEN MORE TOGETHER?! YOUR PERSONALITY AND PASSION, OUR MANY BRANDS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES. THE PERFECT FIT!
Hello, Unilever here! We are a leading international consumer goods manufacturer. Our nutrition, personal care, detergents and cleaning agent products are used day in, day out by around 2.5 billion people in over 190 countries. These include AXE, Dove, Lipton, Ben & Jerry's and many more.
At the next possible date we are looking for a
Procurement Manager Plastics Sustainability and Packaging resilience (m/f/d)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of Post Consumer Resin (PCR) to achieve our goals to increase the use of post-consumer recycled plastic material in our packaging to at least 25% and half our virgin footprint by 2025
- Deep understanding of the value chain for recycled plastics across the various markets from collection to recycling technologies to end use.
- Externally connect with Suppliers, Industry and Governments to understand advancements and initiatives being carried out along the value chain.
- Supplier Relationship Management focused on Speed of experimentation, Innovation and longer-term commercial viability.
- Identify and pioneer new recycling technologies with technology partners to drive circularity, quality, capacity of PCR
- Responsible for identifying and appointing supply partners for PCR.
- Manage PCR projects by bringing together relevant stakeholders across R&D, Supply Chain and marketing and align to business needs.
- Work with the R&D Capability team to build technical expertise in incorporation of PCR.
- Analyse, report and track progress on PCR initiatives
- Responsible for End to End PCR buying operations via Unilever Europe B.V (buy-sell) for direct buy materials
- Lead PCR forecasting as global forecast champion, coordinate and consolidate forecast input from PCR buyers and perform analysis / commentary
Work towards creation of a Circular Economy on Plastics for Unilever
- Identify and appreciate the differing recycling value chains across the different geographies.
- Maximise availability and quality of recycled material to enable incorporation in our packaging materials.
- Partner the R&D Capabilities Team on identifying and scaling up alternate recycling technologies.
- Ensuring plans to ensure the long-term viability of such alternate recycling technologies.
- Strategic Alliances with Suppliers and Industry across the Value Chain to magnify impact on environment beyond just Unilever.
- Get Unilever to a leading position on Plastics sustainability.
- Mitigate Turnover loss due to Packaging supply base
- Professionalize resilience program framework in packaging and drive global execution
WHAT YOU CONTRIBUTE:
- University degree.
- At least 7 years’ experience in procurement or supply management roles
- Experiences in the field of Sustainability. Proven track record of influencing internally and externally.
- Experience on large-scale, complex change management projects with multi-stakeholder interface
- Experience in packaging technologies, brent crude value chains and/or waste to plastic/chemicals
- understand Supply Chain production process links to materials resilience is a must experience in managing global scale crisis resilience program
- Proven experience in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Self-starter mentality
- Strong analytical capabilities (incl finance)
- Experience in Cross Functional working
- Ability to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds,
- Fluent communication and verbal skills in English.
- Strong ability in managing multiple stakeholders, projects, and deadlines, with strong analytical & negotiation skills and “can do” mentality.
- Appetite for change and eagerness to collaborating with stakeholders to drive through improvements.
- Team Leadership
- Collaborative, team player who focuses on team success above self
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Agile work (e. g. flex time, home office)
- Wide range of training opportunities and development prospects
- Attractive remuneration and additional financial benefits
- Centrally located in Schaffhausen (Switzerland),2 min from the main train station, in a very diverse and international environment
- Exciting role within a fast paced, multinational company
HOW TO APPLY:
Just go to our career portal at www.unilever.ch/karriere and apply online.
Don’t forget: let us know your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Fabienne Maurer (HR.DACH@unilever.com).
We will unfortunately not be able to consider any incomplete applications.
*E-mail applications will not be processed! (TA_DACH)
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us