The Finance Analyst - Factory Product Costing is a pivotal role within the Finance Excellence Team, the heartbeat of business partnering and performance management. The SU Costing Analyst plays a key role in providing insights on material costs to Business Unit Finance teams to support strategic decision making. The SU Costing Analyst is responsible for investigating cost variances and providing insights in both actuals and forecast.
- Prepare the Material Cost forecast by consolidating inputs from different functions.
- Provide key highlights on cost movement vs previous forecast on key materials, FX rates, savings and other assumptions.
- Provide insight to Business Unit Finance Teams on:
- RMPM forecast – review of inputs from OC Hub and analysis of RMPM price impact on material cost.
- BIC forecast – liaise with SC Finance on transfer price movements of imported products.
- FX forecast – prepare FX sensitivity analysis based on Global Treasury published rates.
- Reconciliation between material cost forecast and Hot News impact published by Procurement Finance.
Actual Results Analysis
- Actualize the latest month end and provide analysis of the results by category.
- Participate in Quality of Results Review (QOR) meeting and provide highlights on key movements including variance vs the FC, one-offs costs, FX impact and other drivers.
MEC and Actuals Reporting
- Support OC Hub in preparation of SU Reconciliation.
- Review of PPV Analysis, BOM Check, Waste Analysis provided by OC Hub.
- Responsible for monthly material ledger close and review of month end results. Liaise with OC Hub and GCOPA team to close SU results.
- Provide input to Tax Team regarding SU profitability to ensure compliance with the Australian Taxation Office, including monitoring and applying controls in line with ZBC requirements.
- Prepare SU chargeouts in accordance with manufacturing agreements. This includes chargeouts for purchase price variance, business waste, fixed cost recoveries and other ad hoc charges.
- Provide input for Audit requirements for Costing activities.
- Drive savings within material costs by liaising with Procurement Teams and Business Unit Finance Teams on savings projects.
- Drive process simplification and efficiencies, leveraging technology to automate key processes.
- Manage relationship with OC Hub, ensure high standard of activities and act as local escalation point.
- SCF key user for SAP, includes CR testing and first level support to local SCF team.
Skills & qualifications
- Autonomous, proactive and problem solving
- Excel/financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Supply Chain finance (manufacturing specifically)
- Large corporate environment preferred
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us